[01] MAKEOVER

A STAR IS BORN!

 TO SAY Valerie Jones was nervous would be a gross understatement

TO SAY Valerie Jones was nervous would be a gross understatement. The time finally came for her first day at William McKinley High School, the same school her sister Mercedes Jones graduated from months prior. She felt like there were butterflies in her stomach doing never ending somersaults. Was she ready for this? Should she have just stayed at her old school? Sure she was in the background from her freshman year to her junior year but it was familiar. And you know what they say, stick to what you know.

Valerie had to quickly dispel those feelings of self doubt from her mind as she took her first step inside her new school. If she wanted to be like her sister- no better than her sister, she had to ooze confidence even if she didn't have any because they also say, fake it 'till you make it. And she was determined to make it. There was absolutely no room for failure in her eyes, she had to own her senior year as this was the beginning of the rest of her life. And step one on her way to stardom was glee club.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Valerie's first day at McKinley High seemed to start off to a sour note. She was walking around like an aimless puppy, desperately looking for the office of the man who would change her life, but as luck would have it, she couldn't locate it. She was sure that she didn't look that lost but that thought was shoved from her brain when someone walked up to her.

"Lost?" He questioned, standing in front of her, stopping her from moving around further.

"What?" She asked, too engrossed in looking for the teacher she needed to talk to than whatever the boy in front of her wanted.

"Are you lost? You look like you're having some trouble" He elaborated, pointing to the map of the school in her hands.

"Oh" She realised laughing nervously, "Yeah I'm looking for a Mr Schuester, do you know where I could find him or where his office is?"

"Ah Mr Schue, of course" He stated as he turned to start walking, "Let me take you to him."

"Are you new?" The boy questioned after a few seconds of walking in silence.

"Yeah, today's my first day" She replied.

"That's weird" He said, "Starting a new school for your senior year."

"Well this place has had some good recommendations and I was looking for a change in scenery a chance to-" She started but he cut her off.

"-to reinvent yourself?" He finished as she nodded at him.

"Exactly" She smiled as she thought of how quickly her day turned around.