An Offering (Dragon! Nordics x Reader) | Part 1

Requested by https://www.quotev.com/KaiyaLuctana (Quotev)
——————————————————————————

It was cold-- she could tell that much; unnaturally so, or at least in her homeland. She shivered, feeling tiny, ice cold specks nipping at her skin. A groan escapes (Y/N)'s lips, soon tutning into a gasp as her teeth grind against each other to contain her warm breath which makes a cloud in the air with every breath. Her body seemed stiff in the mound of cold surrounding her, joints refusing to unlatch and move whilst her muscles remain tense as her body curls into itself to maintain heat. A huff of frustration leaves her mouth, brows furrowing as she forces herself to move, fighting her body's wants and listening to her mind as she takes control; eyes fluttering open and squinting as a stream of light slips through, sitting up stiffly.

She raises a hand to her stiff neck, only to flinch away with a gasp at it comes into contact with something soft and fluffy. Her eyes immediately dart to her attire. Covering her body was a warm, beige velvet dress with two tiers, both lined with dark fur on the hem and trimmings. The first and upper tier had a mound of fur bunched around her neck at the collar before the beige coloured fabric gradually shapes into a semi diamond shape and stopping just above her knees, trims covered in fur to conceal warmth. The second tier was seen beneath that, however, shown in two parts; a large, curtain like skirt covered behind her legs before stopping at her sides, a seperate piece of material hanging at the front much like a loin cloth would. Leather straps were wrapped around her waist in a bodice like fashion, a thicker strap wrapped under her bust to make it more prominent. The leather travelled down her arms before securely wrapping around her palm and fingers, creating a glove of sorts. Her feet were adorned in warm, winter boots, fur lining the edges with leather straps securing them in place.

"

"...What..?" She murmurs to herself in confusion, fingertips brushing the fabric. It wasn't cold, concealing heat well, however, aside from the leather straps her arms were bare, leaving the cold wind to bite at it. She shivers, breath creating a cloud as she gazes around her. A blanket of white coats the ground in all directions, light blue, shimmering specks descending from above and adding to it. It seemed she was in a slightly secluded area of the dead woods, trees almost completely barren.

"(Y/N)!" A faint voice calls, the said female whipping her head in the direction of the noise, "(Y/N)!" Their voice grows louder. (Y/N) scrambles onto her feet as a feminine figure comes into view from between the darkened trees— a woman no older than her with longish dark brown locks hanging just above her cloak clad shoulder, the back of her layered hair pulled up in a bun behind her head. The stranger's grey-green eyes land on her unsure and disoriented form; she sighs, "there you are," the young woman moves towards her, "come; the foods already been collected, although not much was scored— oh! You caught a hare!"

(Y/N) tilts her head confusedly before her gaze drops to the slowly ground where the said animal lays, light red staining the snow beneath it, "O-Oh," she clears her throat nervously, "yeah... sorry I took so long, Hedvika." She tenses as soon as those words leave her lips— how in the world did she know this stranger's name? It was like she couldn't stop it from slipping, coming naturally and almost as if she had known this person for years.