Alani And A Story

I huffed in annoyance as I tried to pass another person. I was already tired from the trip to town, which takes at least a week, and now I couldn't even pass these people to actually get into town.

When I finally got pass the last person in my way I saw the town. It was like I was seeing it all again for the first time. The lights glitter all around me and it feels like I'm in a dream. After five years of only being able to talk to my grandmother I was grateful to get out of the house.

Yet everything felt wrong. I remember Charlotte used to go to all of the shops and look at the dresses and hair accessories but now this trip just made me feel lonely. I fiddle with the golden necklace sitting around my neck. It had the carving of a wolf on it and it always comforted me when I need it to.

After getting shoved and pushed around for the hundredth time I decided to go find a place to stay the night instead of standing in the street the whole day.

I started walking down the road when I felt a pair of eyes on me, I glance up and saw a boy with green eyes and a dark freckled face stare at me. He hurriedly looked down and walked away.
Strange.

I assumed he was only staring because of my red hair and my amazing looks. No but seriously he was probably just looking at my hair. It was strange to see anyone with red hair especially a red this bright. I put the hood of my cloak on and continued my journey.

****
The woman at the counter gave me a key and a bright smile as I turned away to head to my room. I only had a small suitcase packed with some clothes and a little money.

I managed to find a small inn called the Purple Inn. The lady was nice and told me to go to room 22 then went about her day.

When I got to the room I was pleasantly surprised. It was actually very nice with white walls and a wooden floor. It had a red rug in the middle of the room, right by the bed, which was twice the size of my bed back at home, and a red couch. I sat my stuff down and took off my cloak.

I was expecting a purple mess of a room but this room was very nice. I guess the purple is for their rich guests because obviously having tons of money meant that the only colour you could look at is purple. I'm stupid.

I realized how much Charlotte would have loved this room. I can still remember the day my grandmother told me of her disappearance.
****
I had been sitting on my bed reading a book when my grandmother walked in with a sad look on her face.

"Dear, Charlotte is missing. Yesterday I had sent her into the forest to gather some wood and she never came back." My grandmother had clearly been crying and I could feel the tears pouring down my face. It took me a minute for my mind to catch up with my body.

I had insisted that we ask for help in searching for her but my grandmother had refused. Over and over and over again.
*****
I sat back on the bed and took a nap. I dreamt of my sisters blonde hair and smiling face, then my grandmothers anguished face when she told me about her disappearance. And last but not least I dreamt of green eyes.