Wolf Meets Boy

I put my hair up into a bun and put on my cloak over my blue dress. I was so hungry I thought a monster was about to cut open my stomach from the inside and go find some food itself. I walked out the door and made sure to lock it.

I passed the lady at the counter, Mary I believe her name was, and gave her a smile. "Alani! Dear, yoohoo!" I stopped in my tracks and faced Mary.

"Hello Mary." I said as politely as possible. It was quite a challange due to the monster in my stomach threatening to tear off her head and eat her brains.

"Off to get something to eat?" She asked me with a bright smile on her face.

I simply nodded my head and she continued. "Be careful out there, it's getting dark and you we never know what's out there." Her face took on a sinister look then brightened up. "Theres a cafe not too far away, they have excellent food. It's called café au Clair de lune." I smiled at her and mumbled a thank you before making my way towards this cafe.
****
The sign in front of the cafe was bright blue with a big moon on it.

Moonlight cafe.

I pushed open the doors and walked in. A man saw me approaching and smiled brightly. "Bonjour dear, I'm Gabriel Brodeur and that fine specimen over there is my husband Adam." He pointed towards a man who walked out of the kitchen. This Adam dude nodded at me and I smiled back.

"You must be new here, we haven't seen you before." Gabriel continued and I nodded.

"I'm just here for the festival, I'm Alani." Gabriel nodded and brought me to a table.

"Because it's your first time here I'm going to let you eat for free! We have lovely roasted chickpea ratatouille."

"That sounds delicious, may I have some of that?" I asked and he nodded then turned to the kitchen to tell his less talkative husband.
****
Just as I started eating my food a man sat at my table. I looked up and saw the guy from before. The guy with the beautiful green eyes. Up close he was even more striking. His dark skin had so many freckles and his black hair was beautiful. Don't even get me started on his eyes. I realized that I had been checking him out and shook my head.

"Do you need something?" I asked. When my mind started to work correctly again something told me that he was the guy I had to take to my grandmother. I dont know why, it's just something I felt.

"Yeah, uh, I feel like something is telling me to come talk to you." His voice was like velvet and I was lost in his eyes until I realized what he said.

"Huh?" I said and he laughed.

"I dont know how to explain it I just, can I eat with you?" He asked. All of my two brain cells told me to turn him away but I couldn't. His slight French accent made me melt and his eyes made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Before I knew what I was doing I said yes.