"an asshole"

It was silent in the classroom. No one was talking. Not even Steve Harrington. And he is always talking. And it's weird, because the school bell rings in five minutes. Normally, everybody's packing their bags and getting ready to leave this hell of a school.

You look at the window and see raindrops. That sucks. You turn around and look at the clock hanging on the wall. Only three minutes left.

Then the bell rings. Everybody stands up and walks away as fast as they can. You walk to your locker to change your books and grab your jacket. You're also trying to prepare yourself for a long walk home in the rain. Normally it takes like twenty minutes, but when it's raining, the walk takes even more time.

Damn it, why didn't I take the bus today? you think when you're putting on your coat.

You walk to the entrance of the school and open the big white door. The smell of fresh fallen rain enters your nose. You take a deep breath and start to walk. It's time to go home and leave Hawkins High.

A lot of cars pass you when you're walking. Oh how you wished that a classmate would stop his car and say: "hey [y/n], do you need a ride?" Especially now. You just heard thunder, and if there's something you hate, it's a thunderstorm.

You decide to start running, since it's only seven minutes left to your house. You can do that.

Then you hear a loud engine coming closer. You turn your head to see who it is, but it's too late. The side of the car hits you and you fall.

You try to stand up, but you can't. Your leg hurts and you feel tears burning in your eyes.

"Damn it" you curse silently.

"Hey! Use your eyes when you're walking!" you hear a voice screaming.

Asshole.

"You hit me! That's not my fault..." you say.

"Whatever. Just look out" he says.

He starts his car again.

"Hey!" you scream.

"What?"

"I could use some help here! My leg hurts and I can't stand up" you say.

The boy sighs and he steps out of his car. He walks towards you and offers you his hand. You put your hand in his and he pulls you up.

He turns around and wants to walk away.

"Wait up!" you say loudly.

"I need a ride. I can't walk. And since you hit me, I think you owe me a ride home..." you say to the boy.

He rolls his eyes.

"I don't owe you anything. It's not my fault you don't use your eyes when you're walking. And besides, I'm an outstanding driver so yeah..."

"Oh come on, don't be like that" you say to him.

"Like what?"

"Like an asshole" you say directly to his face.

He rolls his eyes again and walks in the direction of the passenger seat.

"You're lucky that my car isn't damaged" he says.

"Yes, I'm very lucky..." you say sarcastically, trying to walk on one leg without showing how much it hurts.

When you finally reach the other side of the car, you try to climb in the passenger seat.

"Careful!" the boy shouts.

"Yeah I don't want my leg to get hurt. Oh wait, it already hurts"

"No not you, look out for my car! You're soaking wet because of the rain, and I don't want..."

"I get it, I'll be careful" you answer.

"Thanks..."

The drive to your house is very silent. No one speaks.

"Stop, here it is" you then say.

The car stops in front of an average house.

"I like your house" the boy says.

"Thanks I guess..." you answer.

You open the door and try to climb out of the car.

When you want to walk away, the boy says:

"I'm sorry for... I'm sorry I hurt you. I hope you'll be okay soon."

You are confused, but also a little happy. A little smile appears on your face.

"Thank you for apologizing, I really appreciate it. And I'll be fine, don't worry about it" you answer.

"Okay. I'm Billy by the way."

"[y/n]..."

"That's a beautiful name" he says with a little smile on his face.

"Thank you, Billy" you say.

"I'll see you around" he then says, and he drives away.

You turn around and try to walk to your front door.

Nobody saw how you were blushing the whole three minutes it took you to walk to your front door.