His Death

Today was the day. His last day walking, breathing, trying. I knew it was going to happen. Of course we all knew, but him. He was happy as always. His tail wagging, that little twinkle in his eyes. I couldn't bare to look at him knowing the events that will take place later that evening.

         The day drags on slowly. Everything is a haze. I zone out in class and ignore the monotone seeming voices around me. They have no meaning to me. All I can think about is him and how hard this is going to be. I think i can handle it. I keep telling myself that I can handle this. However doubt still rings in the back of my mind.

         Slowly but surely the time comes. I drag myself out of the house to help get him in the truck. The pain is clear in his movements and in his face. After many failed attempts, we get him in the truck, and head off to that horrible place.

       Driving down the highway trying to tune everything out. When his name burns my ears. My parents are reminicing. I try to hold it back, but I fail. I feel the tears overflow, streaming down my face. We havent even gotten there yet.

       Now waiting for them to call us back. I watch him walk painfully to the scale, they have weigh him to give him the right dose. The tears threaten me again, but I successfully  keep them back.

      Its time. He hates this horrible place, but little does he know he won't be here for too much longer. The doctor comes in and gives tells us the routine procedure. The confusion and panick is clear on his face as the doctor crouches near his paw with the big cold needle. He begins to pant faster as the doctor gives him his first dose. Now his breathing has slowed a bit. The doctor gives him the last dose and death begins to pull at his innocent soul. It doesnt take long for the medication to stop his heart. His eyes roll back and breathing slows to a stop as his body goes still. His spirit lifting from his lifeless body and walking up to the gates of heaven.

        I walk out of the room and lose all my sanity. I break down. Tears violently pushing their way past the brim of my eyes. I think I hear him yelp, and I cry even harder. Tears staining my face as i walk out of that wreched building. The last place I ever saw him. Lifeless of that cold concrete floor.

HAI GUYS, I HOPED YOU LIKED THIS. MOST OF WHAT I WRITE ABOUT WILL BE TRUE OCCURENCES. LIKE THIS ONE. BUT OTHER TIMES IT WILL BE JUST THOUGHTS FLOWING THROUGH MY HEAD. COMMENT AND VOTE. I LOVE YOU. ♡♡