feel the heat ♡ ojinari

Kaminari's POV

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" I shouted in anger, knocking off all of my school books from where they were stacked neatly on my desk. I slammed my fists against the wooden desk, my breath coming out in uneven, angry puffs. I had heard some rumors from my friends that they had seen my boyfriend, Monoma, going to some girl's room with their hands linked together. I had straight up asked him whether or not he had cheated on me, and surely enough, he had.

"No, I'm being one hundred percent honest," Monoma said in a tone that is too casual and apathetic for the topic of this conversation. I bit my lower lip to stop myself from frying his obnoxious ass like a marshmallow. He stood in the corner of my room, arms crossed over his chest.

"Wasn't the first time enough? Have you not hurt me enough already?" I said in a pitiful whimper, my hands fisted by my sides. I stared at the floor, I couldn't even face him. The tears in my eyes were threatening to fall, and I did everything to keep myself from crying and looking more pathetic than I already look. I refused to cry for this man anymore.

"Look, I don't- ugh. I'm sorry for hurting you but think about it from another perspective. When someone cheats, doesn't that mean that the person they cheated on lacked something?" he said, and I raised my eyes in disbelief, looking at the repulsive man in front of me.

"I'm just saying. There is always a reason people cheat on their partners. I think that this just isn't working-"

"No fucking shit! You are a cheating asshole, and you dare to blame me for your unfaithfulness! You disgust me," I spat, cutting him off. I can't even believe the nerve this man has. I've let him treat me like garbage for too long, and it is stopping now. I thought the first time he cheated on me was just a stupid, drunk mistake, but no. He actually is just a rotten, cheating bastard. He doesn't even seem to feel any remorse for hurting me.

"There is no need to get so heated-"

"I'll get heated if I want to! Is this all just a fucking game to you? Huh?" I exclaimed, waving my hands in frustration. I looked at him through the tears in my eyes, visibly shaking with anger. I'm hurt, once again. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong in here. I gave him all my love and affection, I was patient, I forgave him for cheating on me, and I endured all the mental games he liked to play. I was done now, though. This time I wouldn't overlook his shitty behavior.

When he didn't reply anything, I walked over to my door, holding it open for him. "Get out. Whatever we had is over," he tried to step closer to me and put his hand on my shoulder, but I gave him a warning zap. My eyes burned holes in his back as I watched the man walk out of my room, and out of my life.

I slammed the door after him, locking myself inside. The second I closed the door the built-up tears fell on my cheeks heavily like a river. I slapped my hand on my mouth so my classmates wouldn't hear my pathetic sobs, as the walls in our dormitory weren't exactly soundproof. I collapsed on the ground, drawing my knees to my chest. I wasn't crying because what Monoma did hurt me, I was crying because I felt like I was never gonna be enough. As much as I tried to convince myself that what Monoma had said about the motive behind cheating wasn't true, there was a part of me that blamed myself for all of this. What do I lack? Why am I not enough?

I barely caught the faint bing that came from my phone. Reluctantly, I got up from the floor and wiped my tears away as I searched for my phone from where it was hidden amongst the many decorative pillows on my bed. It was a message from one of my closest friends, Ojiro.

Ojiro: i heard you and monoma fighting. i wasn't trying to eavesdrop, but i could hear your conversation from my room. are you okay?

Sighing, I typed out a response. Of course he had heard us, his room is right next to mine, and on the other side is Sero's room.