Chapter 11

The king's carriage pulled into sight from the castle. Princess Diablo had spent all morning preparing for the days events. "Dania, I want to make certain that Mother Banderman feels right at home so what is it that people eat for dinner out there in the world outside this castle?" Diablo asked the cook. "Well miss I assume they eat food like anyone else." Dania responded with a teasing smirk. "Oh, I already know that much. I mean what kind of food? They surely do not have a feast every meal." Diablo said emploringly. "How about I whip up some stew for dinner?" Dania suggested. "What's stew?" Diablo asked. "Well it's kinda like a soup of sorts. It's got meat and vegetables all mixed in together soaking in a rich broth. I'm sure you will love it and it's a common meal with country folk. It's served with bread and I think we have the perfect meat to go in it." Dania responded. "What kind of meat is it?" Diablo inquired. "Wild rabbit. My brother caught them this morning. I was going to clean them up and cook them at home for my dinner but I don't mind using them here instead." Dania responded. "I would insist that you save enough back for yourself if you did that." Diablo said. "Then I will make enough for all of us to eat our fill." Dania said with a smile. "You have been so loyal to my family for so long Dania. I truly do not know what we would do with out you." Said Diablo. "You'd be hungry I'd guess." Dania said with a giggle. Diablo reached over and stole a cookie that Dania had made from some left over pastry doe. "Your quite possibly correct" Diablo said as she bit into the cookie and scurried out the kitchen door. "Don't you go ruining your appetite for dinner child." Dania called after her. Then she just shook her head smiling and went back to work.
Diablo herd the horn signaling the king's carriage approaching. "Oh, They're here!" Diablo said happily. She took off running twords the main entry.

             (Page 60)

"Diablo what are you doing?" Lorna asked as she stepped into the hallway. "Did you not hear the horn Aunt Lorna? Maximus is here with his whole family." Diablo said excitedly. "Calm yourself girl. You are a princess and acting so giddy is unbecoming of a young lady of your stature. You must be calm at all times." Lorna reprimanded. "Yes Aunt Lorna." Diablo replied. "That's my girl. Now hurry off and go meet your love." Lorna said with a smile. Diablo didn't waste time with a reply she just smiled and ran off down the hall but she did so holding her head up high.
She reached the main entry doors just as the carriage was pulling up. She straitened herself and ordered the guards to open the doors. She stepped out onto the covered porch and waited.
The carriage door opened and the first to exit the carriage was Maximus. He had been waiting long enough to see his princess and was not willing to wait anymore. He all but ran from the carriage to Diablo's open arms. He picked her up and twirled her around in a quick circle before their lips met. As he kissed her she felt the world melt away. Her hands came to rest upon the sides of his face as she kissed him back.
"Ah-hm." Anna made a clearing her throat noise. Clearly Maximus and Diablo had gotten lost in one another's kiss. Maximus kissed her a moment longer before parting his lips from hers. "Hello beautiful." He whispered as he began to move his head away from hers still holding her steady in his arms. Diablo stood there eyes closed swimming in the euphoria of their kiss. "Hi." She replied smiling. Then realized that everyone was staring at them. Her eyes grew wide as she pulled out of his embrace quite red faced.
"Mother Banderman it is so good to finally make your acquaintance."

              (Page 61)

Diablo said moving over to Anna. Anna with a baby in each arm did her best to try to quickly bow but it clearly was going to be more trouble so Diablo quickly caught her and said. "Please Mother Banderman there is no need for all that. We're all family here or about to be anyway. Besides it is I that should be bowing to you for producing such a wonderful and fine son for my future. I truly believe he has stolen my heart." "Well that'll be alright if you agree to just call me Anna." Anna replied. "Agreed." Diablo said with a smile.
"Alonna! It has been far to long since we've seen you." Lorna said while walking out on to the porch with Ranist in tow. Everyone except the younger children, Diablo, Lorna, Jerl and Anna all bowed as Ranist's Royal announcer stepped out. "His Royal Magisty Ranist Talantis. King of all Atlantis." Said his announcer. Anna did her best to bow and Ranist just nodded his head to her with a warm smile. "Do my eyes deceive me or is that Janta Banderman on my doorstep?" Ranist said jokingly as he made his way over to where Janta was standing. "Tis I indeed Magisty." Janta replied. "It's been a long time old friend." Ranist said. "That it has. I prey ye have been well sire." Janta replied. "I have indeed. Looks like you've been busy." Ranist joked motioning twords all the children. Janta laughed and said. "Well she's a good woman with a warm heart sire." "A man couldn't ask for more." Ranist replied.
Nell tugged on Ranist's pants pocket to get his attention and said. "Hey mister sir?" Semi startled Ranist looked down at her. "Yes little one. How may I be of service dear?" He said smiling. "We're here to see my brothers girl and momma said we get to me a king to but I don't know him. Is he mean? I heard some king's are mean but I don't think this king will be since my brother gets to hitch up with his daughter. I'm Nell by the way. I'm my daddy's good girl. I didn't bring no

                 (Page 62)

toads in my pocket today." Nell rambled off. Ranist laughed so hard he thought he might burst. "Well as for that king your looking for ya found him." He said while pointing at himself. Nell's eyes got a little wide for a second. "You are correct. Some king's are mean but I've never once ate any children... yet." He said with a playful grin. "I have however had a little girl riding on my back like I was a horse." He said boastfully. "I'm really proud of you for leaving your toad at home cause the princess is scared of things like that and she would be jumping around screaming like a banshee if she saw it." He continued. "It is very nice to meet you Nell." He finished with a chuckle. Janta stood there in shock at the rambling of of his daughter. "Please forgive me sire on her. We are never quite sure exactly what she is going to say next. He said embarrassed. "Not to worry. I had one her age once to. If I were a betting man I'd say she's about seven." Ranist said. "You'd win for sure sire. Your exactly right." Janta replied.
"Everyone we have a busy day planned so if you all will fallow me we can get this day moving." Diablo called out. She then took Maximus by the hand, turned & entered in to the castle once inside the group was met by the children's tailor and dress makers. "Anton and Alota, Absolute perfect timing as always." Diablo said cheerfully. "Well when we heard that once again we would be dressing wee ones in the castle we ran over as quick as lightning." Said Anton. "I would like to have all these children dressed as Royal diplomats. Think you can handle that for me?" Diablo asked. "Of course princess. Anything for you." Alota replied. "I will be paying the bill on this personally so spare no expense." Diablo added. "Well then we shall make sure that you will not be disappointed." Anton said with a smile.
Anton and Alota gathered up the children and took them to the dressing rooms that had been assigned to them. They went to work measuring, sowing, and fitting each child to look like prince's & princesses.
"I'll take Anna and Alonna with me." said Lorna. "We're all just

              (Page 63)

about the same size & I have just the perfect dresses for them." Lorna added. "Perfect. That leaves me with you three." Diablo said looking at Maximus, Jerl, and Janta. "Now just hold on there princess. Your mother never got me to get all laced up in no frilly cloths and it will be the day the Crystillian takes my shedalia before I do." Jerl said sternly. "Captain Shipperman, Need I remind you that you work for me and therefore you will do as your told." Diablo reprimanded. They were nose to nose at this point like a couple gladiators about to battle. "Diablo there is no use in arguing with him on this one. His captains formal uniform is the best you will ever get him in. Your mother tried for years and got no better." Ranist interjected. "Fine. It had better be perfect or it's off to the frillies with you Captain." Diablo said still nose to nose with him. "Fine princess. It will be." He replied. Then they turned away from each other. Jerl went down the hall twords the soldiers barracks with Janta quickly fallowing before Diablo could say anything to him.
"Well I suppose that means your all that's left for me to work with then." Diablo said sliding in to Maximus' arms. She had a devious smile on her face until her father interrupted. "I think Maximus should come with me. He needs a male to teach him how to dress the part of a king and who better to teach him than I. Besides I'm sure you would want to go check in on Alexandria. I heard she is awake." "She is? Why was I not notified?" Diablo asked with a worried tone. "She only just began to wake. I was notified only moments ago." Ranist replied. "Maximus my love I.." Said Diablo. "Go. I'll be fine." Maximus interrupted. She smiled and kissed his cheek. "I love you." She said looking into his eyes. "And I you my beauty. I long for the day I never have to release you from my embrace." Maximus replied. "What a

              (Page 64)

wonderful day that will be." She said as she hugged him close to her making sure she pressed her breasts against his chest well enough for him to feel them against his chest. He held her there a moment longer then released her. She smiled at him then turned and walked down the hall twords Lorna's room where Alexandria was resting.
"Come on Maximus. I'll show you what a king really does when their supposed to be getting dressed." Ranist said with a devious grin and a wink. "Um yes sir. I mean your majesty." Maximus replied nervously. Ranist wrapped his arm around Maximus' shoulders to guide his movement. "You'll like this." Ranist said with a giggle. Then they headed down the hall twords Ranist's private Chambers.

             (Page 65)
    (End of chapter 11)