>Chapter 1<

~Ponyboy's POV~

A month is all it takes for things to become crazy. A month is all it takes for you and possibly another to have something horrible happen. A month ago, my oldest brother, Darry, found out I was dating my best friend. Who is that you might ask? Well, it's none other then Johnny.

I was sitting in this little tent we made, while Johnny was out getting food. I wanted to get up and follow him to make sure he didn't get hurt or anything, but he insisted on me staying put then to go with him. Eventually I gave in, but only because he started to pout. God, I can't ever win when he pouts. But, I don't mind it none, it's adorable.

I was so tired from last night. I've been up all night last night because of having nightmares, and I'm sure Johnny was getting pretty upset and annoyed. But, I'm glad all he did was hold me, because that's all I wanted. I wanted to be held till I fell asleep. As soon as I heard foot steps coming back, I fell asleep. I soon felt an arm snake around my waist and I smiled knowing who it was. I felt a kiss on my forehead and I giggled, going back to sleep. This is the kind of stuff that keeps us happy with what we got. We got each other, money from the job I got, food, and a shelter. And the only way we stay comforted in times of need is being with each other and enjoying life.

But, happiness isn't always permanent.

A/N: sorry this was kinda short(ish) I'll try and make the next chapter really long but then it might take me a couple of days to work on so please be patient. Thanks!

Word count: 311 words