2. Beautiful Stranger

I was awake before the birds the next morning seeing as I was excited for the first day of school. In my opinion, this was the best day of the school year, a fresh beginning. I laid in bed going over all of the possibilities of what could happen today until my alarm went off. It was music to my ears. I sprang out of bed a bit too enthusiastically and stubbed my toe on my bedpost. After launching off a few less than family friendly words under my breath, I pulled my curtains open and soaked up the earliest rays of sun as they peaked over the treetops. I took extra care in my morning routine so that I could look my absolute best. Needless to say I was more than thrilled with the end result. My auburn locks were curled and hanging loosely around me. I applied my everyday natural makeup look and then made my way to my closet where I chose my outfit, a loose fitting pale pink button up shirt with a black pleated skirt, black stockings, and black booties. I accessorized with a matching white and pink floral scarf and small adornments of rose gold jewelry.

Once I was pleased with my appearance, I skipped to the kitchen where I filled my travel mug with some peach and ginger tea, I filled a small Tupperware container with some berries for breakfast and packed some salad leftover from the night before for my lunch. I grabbed my bag and headed out to start my 10 minute journey to school. My anticipation made the walk seem longer than normal, I picked up my pace and practically squealed with excitement when I got close enough to see the entrance to the school.

I greeted Audrey and principal Matten with a smile as I walked in the office to clock in. Once my presence was noted, I made my way out of the office and headed to my classroom, I walked in and saw Jennings sitting at his desk and quickly turned the other way in disbelief. I had walked into the wrong classroom yet again. Thankfully I had escaped without him noticing my hilarious mistake.

I made my way to my desk where I sat my bag down and picked up the stack of miniature colorful agendas that had been left on my desk by the office workers. I placed one agenda and one pencil on each of the tiny desks that were in a uniform pattern around the room. Once I was done with that, I wrote the objective on the board along with my name and the date, and added a few drawn flowers around as a cutesy border to make the board a little more exciting to look at. Once I was pleased with my work, I made my way back to sit at my desk and noticed I had a new message.

From: Jennings, Andrew

Subject: Lost?

Message: Do I need to put neon lights around the door to your class so you don't get lost? lol

To: Jennings, Andrew

Subject: Lost.

Message: Honestly that might be helpful lol. I thought I had managed to escape without you noticing. Maybe one of these days I will be able to get it right.

From: Jennings, Andrew

Subject: Knew it.

Message: Honestly I hope not... it would be pretty funny if this became a common occurrence :) I wouldn't mind seeing a beautiful woman "accidentally" come to my room every morning ;)

My cheeks became a deep shade of red at his compliment and I was struggling to come up with an appropriate response when I heard a deep chuckle coming from my doorway. I looked up and was met with his dark brooding gaze from across the room.

"I just wanted to see you blush, have a great first day Jackson," and with a wink he left.

To: Jennings, Andrew

Subject: Rude.

Message: I hate you. lol

From: Jennings, Andrew

Subject: mhm

Message: you wish. x

I didn't have a chance to respond as the bell sounded and my students started nervously entering my room. I greeted each with a reassuring smile and a smiley sticker to brighten their day. Once everyone was seated and the morning announcements had concluded we began our lesson for the day. Introductions, plain and simple, I went first.

"Good morning boys and girls, my name is Ms. Jackson and I am going to be your teacher this year! I know a lot of you are excited and nervous, I know that this is a new school and it's going to take some getting used to but I am here with you all and we can get through this year together. So today all we are going to do is introductions," I began passing around the activity sheet,

"I will go first! My name is Molly Jackson. I am 23 years old. I like to bake apple pies every sunday, write, and sing every chance I get! Now it's your turn! Fill out your sheets and once you are done, find someone else with at least one thing in common, and start a conversation!"

X School Day Ends X

I was setting up the classroom for tomorrow's lesson plan, writing the objective on the bored as I had this morning when a sneeze startled me and almost made me fall backwards. Jennings started chuckling at my expense.

"Don't you knock?" I asked a little more rudely than I intended.

"Wow she's a feisty one today," he started which earned an eye roll from me, "So when do I get to try one of these famous Molly Jackson apple pies?" I looked at him confused.

"The walls are thin I guess. So, about that pie.."

"I don't.. I don't know. I guess the next time I make one." I laughed at this odd situation and continued what I was doing.

"You look nice today by the way, don't know if I told you that already." My cheeks flushed crimson and I looked down, not knowing how to respond.

"You're welcome love, see you tomorrow." And with a signature wink, he took his exit.

Once I was done setting up for tomorrow's lesson, I made my way to the office where I expected to clock out and make my home. If only it could have been that simple. Audrey stepped in my path and crossed her arms.

"Jennings is bad news. I'm not telling you what to do with your life, but I am just saying, girl to girl, he's bad news. Trust me." And without another word, she clocked out and left before I could figure out what my response should be. I was so confused by everything, I'm just here to do my job, but this beautiful stranger had to come in and confuse the hell out of me.