Like father Like daughter

DISCLAIMER:
I do not own How To Train Your Dragon or the characters. I only own the story

Astrid was making dinner while Finn sat at the table tinkering with springs and gears, he definitely took after his father when it came to inventing. Just then Zephyr burst in the door and started towards the stairs.
      "Yikes!", Finn mumbled, "You sound like a whole heard of Gronkles."
         She froze at the base of the stairs and turned around. "What did you just say Nuffink? You know what? I don't care what you said. Why don't you just leave me alone?!" Zephyr's response getting faster.
        "Zephyr!" Astrid exclaimed shocked. " I don't know what's gotten into you but it better quit before your father gets home."
          Zephyr looked at her. Astrid couldn't understand what she said but Zephyrs eyes welled up with tears and she ran back out the door. Astrid sighed. She didn't understand what was getting into her daughter lately; she was constantly moody, but she had never acted up before. She decided that Zephyr probably needed some time to cool down so she continued making dinner.
           A little while later the door opened and Hiccup walked in.
          "Dad!", Finn exclaimed,"Look what I've been doing!"  
           Hiccup leans over to examine the pile of gears and springs on the table. "Wow, that's great bud." Astrid smiled to herself. Since the day Finn was born Hiccup had called him bud.
              Hiccup made his way over to his wife and kissed her on the cheek Astrid smiled. He glanced around. "Where's Zephyr?" Astrid sighed rubbing her temple.
            "She came plowing through here around an hour ago, nearly took Finns head off over something he said, then stormed out."
               He looked at her. "What did Finn say?"
               She looked down and responded "He mentioned dragons." Astrid could see the pain in Hiccups eyes when she said it. "I figured now she's had time to cool down, I will go talk to her."
              Hiccup shook his head. "No, I'll go."
            "Are you sure?" Astrid asked.
            "I'm sure." He kissed her cheek softly. "We'll be back by dinner."
           With that, he ruffled Finn's hair and walked out the door. As he walked down the street he was pretty sure he knew where Zephyr went.
             When he got there he saw that he was right. There she was sitting at the edge of the cliff looking out across the ocean. He sat next to her. She didn't move.
              "Hey Z, heard you had a rough day today." She kept staring at the water. Hiccup took a deep breath. "I miss them too you know." He saw his daughters face soften as she turned her face to look at him. Her bright blue eyes welled with tears and she threw herself into his arms sobbing. He sat there holding her just letting her sob. He rocked her back and forth just like he had when she was little and had nightmares. After a while of holding her, Zephyr's sobs calmed to quiet whimpers as she sat back and looked up at Hiccup.
                 "Thanks." She sniffed.
                 He smiled at her. "Do you want to talk about it?"
                  She frowned. "Some of the girls in the village keep calling me a liar when I tell them I've seen the dragons. Everyone thinks I'm crazy so they don't want to hang out with me. I don't have any friends."
              Hiccup thought for a moment. It is not the first time he has heard this. "That's not entirely true." He said. "You have at least 3 friends."
               "I do?" She asked looking puzzled.
               "You do, your mother, Nuffkin, and I." He could tell she understood.
               "I did the same thing to Finn that those girls did to me." Zephyr sullenly replied.
                "I think your starting to understand." Hiccup said. "And it doesn't matter what those girls say because we know the dragons are still there and hopefully someday they will be back. Do you understand?" She nodded. "All right then. Let's head back. Your mother will be expecting us for dinner."He stood and helped her up.
                 They started towards their hut then Zephyr stopped. "Dad?" She asked.
                  He looked back at her. "Yes?"           
                 "How'd you know I would be here?" He smiled at her.
                 "Like father like daughter I guess."