S-Dream x P-Nightmare (Sleepy Mornings)

~Nightmare's POV~

I walked through the dark void of nothingness as I tried to reach some sort of destination beyond my grasp. There was no light, no people, no movement or sound in the area, just pitch dark but I could somehow sense this was a dream. I could look down and see myself, not in the harsh glare of the darkness, but I could clearly see my shoes and legs, my arms and chest- yet not in the sense of looking into a mirror however. I could sense this was a dream, and that all I had to do was wake up, but for some reason I couldn't, I knew I was falling in and out of consciousness, but I was unable to see what was around me in the real world but it felt like a hand was holding down against my chest and was trying to stop me from breathing. It didn't hurt but I could feel it towering over me, the musky smell of what had my non-existent nose in a daze where I couldn't place exactly what was lingering around my skull.

I could hear what sounded like music, but not in a way. It wasn't singing, or humming, or a big band playing with fancy or hand made instruments either. The song was creepy and it made me feel uncomfortable, goose bumps growing all over me as a cold wave of air rushed over me from behind, I turned around only to be engulfed by darkness and waking up in fear, my chest rising and falling in shock as cold sweat rolled down my skull, my hands gripping the sheets of my bed as I looked around, the sun shining through the window and specks of dust flying around gently wanting to reach a location, before settling on the window sill.

Turning to the side I saw a small plant sat on the window sill, the big tree in view with only nightmare apples grown on it, no shiny golden ones that once spread happiness and cheerful feelings now dead and wilting like the poor plant on the window sill. I slowly got out of bed, the large pajama top I was wearing hanging off of me a mile from my hands and my pants slightly hanging off of my legs before I shuffled lightly over to the helpless plant that was deprived of water. I stared down at it before quietly walking over to the lonely desk in the corner of my room, grabbing a water bottle and giving it something to drink, before putting the water bottle down and retreating from my bedroom, going to my brother's room.

I walked into the pitch dark bedroom slowly, seeing that he had used the curtains at his window to block out the sun light and was taking up about the entire bed and sleeping. I slowly crawled onto the bed, grumbling at my weak un-corrupted form and cuddled up to his side, sniffling slightly as my allergies began to get to me. I could feel his tentacles gently wrap around me while a satisfied hum of comfort came from his throat as he held me close like a stuffed animal. I let out a shaky cry of pain, not even noticing that I had begun to cry, feeling more sensitive than usual and that it felt like my soul was hurting me. I could feel him hold me by my cheek, using his thumb to brush away my tears before leaning down to give me a soft gentle kiss.

He wasn't a fan of me all the time, and unlike him I had no control over my body and actions when I was corrupted, where he had more control of his two personalities. He loved me sometimes, and sometimes he hated me to the point where he would try to shut me and everyone out. He never felt the need to hurt me, or kill me, unlike I did towards him.

It hurt a lot, knowing that your sibling may never be the same. God I'm so stupid, I wonder what Dream felt like when I was corrupted, knowing that your own sibling wanted to kill you and hated you. I felt myself cry myself into darkness as I was held by my sibling, his lips gently caressing my forehead before that darkness washed right on over me.

...

When I had awoken I was wrapped up in a blanket on the couch, a few pillows under me as the TV played a cheesy romantic comedy, the smell of food coming from the kitchen near me. I looked outside in shame that I had wasted a perfectly good morning, sighing sadly as I thought about how I had killed everyone from the village and all, their dead bodies laying on the ground as dust rushed past me, my brother staring at me in fear and-