Chapter 1

-You can't go! Mama said, you have to stay with me and watch Adventures of Heally.-  She said, with both hands on her hips. She copied what mum always does, I hate that. I had better plans than babysitting my younger sibling. I cumbed my hair and put a new black dress on. Our parents went to dinner. That meant that we were alone home. My older brother was working, so I had to look after Janey.
-No, you cannot go!- She screamed.
-Come on. Nothing bad will happen, you're safe here. I promise.-
She hesitated and eventually disagreed. My parents would kill me if they found out that I left Janey alone. She is old enough to take cate of herslef.

~The next day~

I woke up early, hearing my parents running around the house like crazy. It seemed that something terrible happen. But what "terrible" can actually happen? It's just an ordinary day.
-Charlotte have you seen Janey? We are looking for her, but we can't seem to find her.-
My mother came inside and scanned my room.  I didn't worry about my younger sibling. Janey is always hiding. It's a normal thing in our family.
-Playhouse?-
-No.-
-Behind the tree?-
-No hun.-
That was strange, but it didn't make me worry. Janey probably found a new hiding spot. Suddenly I received a message. I looked down to read.
-Lotte, did Janey go to sleep yesterday?-
I wish I didn't have to lie to my own mother. I came home late yesterday. I was sure that Janey was peacefully sleeping.
-Yes. I mean.. I think so.-
My mother looked at me suspiciously. She scanned my room last time and continued searching for her. I closed my eyes and hugged my pillow. What if something bad happened to Janey.
-You lied.-
I heard my brother say, I opened my eyes and looked at his. I swallowed loudly. It was so quite in the room that I could hear my own hear beating. I wanted to tell him the truth, but I was sure that he was going to judge me.
-Where is Janey now?-
-I don't know.-
-Where were you yesterday?-
I swallowed even louder than before.
-I was at home, Janey and I were watching Adventures of Heally.-
I had to lie.
-You're very bad at lying Lotte.-
He looked at me disappointed.
-I hope that Janey is really hiding, if not... It's your fault.-
After a lot of searching we didn't find Janey. My parents were panicking. They didn't know where to look anymore, so they decided to go to the police department. This was our last hope. My parents explained what happened carefully. I didn't have any energy to talk so I just nodded. The man working there told us that they have some questions, and I had to answer them. The officer had a notebook is his right hand and a pen in his left hand.
-Ms, when was the last time you saw Janey Williams?-
I closed my eyes and thought for a minute. Flashbacks.
-She didn't want me to go out.-
He wrote every word I said in his notebook. I couldn't read anything, because his hand writing was unclear.
-Where did you go?-
I hesitated to answer his question. He repeated it.
-It doesn't matter, it won't help you find my sister.-
He took a deep breath and put his notebook on the table.
-Maybe she followed you.-
-I went to the club.-
I rolled my eyes. She would never go there.
-What did you do there?-
I stood up and looked angrily at him.
-I'm sorry but this is personal, you don't need to know that!-
I regret talking to the police officer like that. He was trying to help and I acted like a disgraceful princess.
-Charlotte where are you going?-
-Mum I don't feel good.-
This time, I told the truth. I had tears in my eyes. These three words are eating me inside: It's your fault.
My mother hurried to the officer. My father right after her. I didn't care, I knew they wouldn't forgive me if they would find out that I left Janey alone. That I didn't look after her.
-What happened?-
-Your daughter doesn't want to answer some of my questions.-
My mother looked shocked.
-Janey just tell them. If you won't, I will.-
I felt like my own brother betrayed me. That hit me. I thought he was the only person I could trust, I made a mistake.
-Lotte left Janey alone at home. She didn't check if she was in her bed yesterday.-
He was completely right. I couldn't deny the truth.
-And why did she go out?-
My parents and the officer looked at me, wondering what I did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey,
This is the first chapter. I hope you enjoyed it :)