𝐬𝐮𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

"𝘴𝘶𝘯𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘧𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮 𝘶𝘱
𝘐 𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴
𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘶𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘴 𝘮𝘺 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘴"

❝Oh, I heard you. You guys have chemistry together.❞
❝I actually said biology.❞
❝Even better.❞
❝You're an idiot.❞

Lucille McClair felt like she was always fighting something

Lucille McClair felt like she was always fighting something. Fighting with her sister, fighting for good grades, fighting for her family, fighting to get into Midtown Tech, fighting her feelings.

The world had shifted after the Battle of New York, and so had her life. Years had gone by, and Luce and her family were attempting to live normally, Luce going to school and just being a teenager with her friends.

But, things began to change around the time of an internship offer at Midtown Tech.

Luce had spent her high school life competing with Peter Parker. It was hard enough living in her sister's shadow, let alone having to deal with being compared to some guy she barely knew. Being second had never frustrated her so much.

She never thought it was anything else that drew her attention to him.

As dominoes topple and circumstances arise, Luce will be thrown into situations she didn't think she would ever have to deal with. From facing crushes, a mad Doctor, and someone swinging around New York in a red and blue sweatsuit; Luce had no idea how she was even supposed to find time to study.

∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵

(All the important, necessary stuff below)

WARNING
So, I'm a bit late on the Peter Parker trend, but I wanted to be sure I had a storyline that would actually be interesting before I started writing the story so that I would actually want to write it! Plus, I started writing it and then forgot about it for a bit, and then came back.

And I recently saw No Way Home and just fell in love all over again. So, here I am.

Update: I recently saw Spider-Verse and it made me miss this story.

Unlike most of my stories so far, this book will contain violence, references to mental health, character deaths, profanity, alcohol, etc.

DISCLAIMER
Although it would be awesome, I do not own Spider-Man nor any characters associated with any Marvel comics or the MCU. The rights to them belong to Stan Lee and Steve Ditko, geniuses amongst men.

However, the main plot and writing done in 'Sunlight', does belong to me. And so does my darling Lucille McClair and her family and friends who you don't recognise from the comics or MCU. If there is any confusion, please just ask. And if anyone even tries to steal my plot or characters, I'll be super pissed, because I have been planning this story and pouring my heart into it for a while now.

ADDITIONAL
This fan fiction is based on Tom Holland's Peter Parker, but takes place before 'Spider-Man Homecoming', and is loosely based around Raimi's 'Spider-Man' and 'Spider-Man 2'.

I'm also aware that they're bringing Doc Ock back in the newest Spider-Man movie. I started writing this way before that news was released, so I'm not going to change it because I like my idea. I'll deal with the third movie if I get to the third movie.

Also - for those of you who have read my stories, you already know what you're in for; this is gonna be a slow burn. Luce and Peter will not be meeting and getting together and all that jazz within the span of an hour, because it's just not realistic! So, if you like slow burns, you'll enjoy this story (I hope).

∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵

Please be sure to also keep in mind, that this is before Civil War, therefore it is a Spider-Man origin story. So, for the first portion of this book, he's just Peter Parker - not that that's a bad thing, obviously. We love Peter

Started writing...
06/2020
(I know this was ages ago, but there have been so many breaks, rewrites, replans and stuff that went into this)

Started republishing...
06/06/2023

Finished...
??/??/??

♡♡♡
𝒲𝓇𝒶𝓉𝒽𝒻𝓊𝓁𝒟𝑒𝒾𝓉𝓎

No gifs in this story were made by me, all were found online