Chapter XXIX: Find Me

I drove to the airport and quickly bought a one-way ticket to the closest airport to Newcastle upon Tyne

I drove to the airport and quickly bought a one-way ticket to the closest airport to Newcastle upon Tyne. When the plane touched down and we were told that we could depart, I grabbed my stuff and got off as quick as possible.

I opened my phone and checked the last text that Ryan had sent me: the address of Haven's maternal grandparent's house where she was staying.

When I got there, I knocked on the front door and her grandmother opened the door. She looked at me for a few seconds before pulling me into a tight hug that was filled with the exact support I needed right now. I let a few tears slip from my eyes and she whispered, "It's going to be okay. Everything will work itself out between you two."

I pulled back and whispered, "Thank you."

Her grandmother, whose name I remembered is Elizabeth, let me in. She led me through the house until we got to the hallway that led to the guesthouse. She turned to me and said, "Haven is staying alone in the guesthouse. She's not home right now, but you can wait for her."

Before she walked away, I asked, "Do you hate me?"

She looked at me and with the same raw honesty Haven got, said, "I couldn't never hate you, honey. You are the perfect man for my granddaughter, and you will treat her right for the rest of her life."

Entering the guesthouse, I remembered when we were here: the sweet memories of our love and the feeling of making love to her. I looked over on the mantle of the fireplace and saw a picture we had taken of us when we were here the original time: our smiles were so wide, and we were staring at each other with pure love in our eyes.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard someone behind me. I turned to see Haven and I could see the hurt that clouded her eyes. She was hurting badly. It crushed me and I needed to make her feel better. I stepped forward slightly and whispered, "Haven."

Her head snapped up and trying but failing to hide the wobble in her voice, she asked, "What are you doing here Cason?"

"You left me," I made it a statement with pure hurt and heartbreak lacing the words.