**chapter 1**

••|| 1983 ||••

<< Chicago, Illinois >>

"Fuck you, dad, you've never once cared about me and how I feel!" I screamed in anger!

I could practically see the steam blowing from Bradley's ears.

I saw him lift his hand up in the air about to come down and that when he hit me across the face, even though I've been hit before, this time it felt worse, and more vengeful then all the other times.

He grabbed my face really hard and yelled, "You may NEVER speak to me like that again, bitch! Do you hear me!"

I reluctantly said, "Yes, mam!"

I then managed to escape his grasp and run straight to my room.

I hated him.

I hated her too.

Lisa just stood there like a lamppost and did nothing to stop her own child from being verbally and physically abused!

I sat there are cried for hours, until I fell asleep.

///

I woke up to the usually yelling and bickering. My sister, Sydney was still asleep and my older brother, Josh was probably sleeping with some slut in his room.

I crawled out of our tiny apartment complex window to check out the sunrise over Lake Michigan. It was what I looked forward to every morning. One of the only reasons I'm still alive today, besides my sister.

Today was just like any other Saturday. Yelling in the living room, moaning coming from Josh's bedroom, and quiet snores from Syd.

///

However today was not going to be like it always is, something big was going to happen. And it will change my life forever.

But maybe that was a good thing. ;)