Chapter 10: Haren

After waking up around five that morning, Haren got dressed. Putting on a navy blue shirt with an open back and dark brown pants, he quietly made his way down to the practice room Riniya showed him yesterday.

There, he did some practice with both ShadowBlight and a mana sword. Playing mock battles in his mind while going through the physical motions as well.

Around seven, after working up a sweat, he decided to wash up in the bathroom.

He used a wet rag to wipe off his face, neck and arms with cold water, then fixed his hair in the mirror hanging on the wall.

As he was finishing up, he heard Riniyas' voice in his ear," everyone, breakfast is ready. Please come and eat."

The first time she did it last night had shocked him, but he soon learned that Riniya was able to send messages with her mana.

Haren quickly finished up in the bathroom and made his way to the dining room.

He found Riniya along with Nephinae already there setting places at the table.

"Good morning, Haren," Nephinae beamed," I figured you'd be the first one here."

"Morning, Nephi, morning Riniya." Haren greeted both of them before taking a seat at the table," can I help with anything?"

"Nope. We've got everything under control," Riniya said, vanishing through the door connecting to the kitchen.

Nephinae finished setting out silverware at the last place setting and sat down on Harens' left. She seemed to be smiling to herself.

"Riniya seems different today," Haren said," what'd you do?"

Nephinae let out a dramatic gasp," what makes you think I did something?"

"You're never this giddy in the morning," Haren answered.

She giggled," I've conquered the silent beast."

"Oh?" Haren raised an eyebrow," and how did you manage that?"

"I had a very weird morning."

"You know I can hear you, right?" Riniya appeared from the kitchen with a silver tea cart of food.

"Sorry. We were just joking around," Haren apologized, but Nephinae let out another giggle.

Riniya shook her head with a faint smile and started setting out the food.

While she was doing that, Sylviana and August walked in.

Sylviana sat down across from Nephinae, mumbling a good morning to everyone.

"Mormon' darling," August gave Haren a quick peck on the cheek before sitting in the chair to his right.

"Good morning, August."

"Say, where's Silver?" Nephinae asked," I get that Elvi's still in bed, but I thought Silver would've been down by now."

"I'm not sure," August leaned back in his chair," I knocked on his door but he didn't answer, so I assumed he was already down here."

"I'll go check on him," Haren stood up and retrieved a slice of bread from the bowl on the table before leaving the dining room. When he got up to Silvers' room, he knocked on the door," Silver? You up?" Silence," I'm coming in."

He opened the door to find the room dark," Silver?"

The other boy shifted slightly under the covers.

"What are you doing in here?" Haren moved over to the bed," you ok?"

"I'm f-ine."

"Then why didn't you come down for breakfast?" Haren reached to pull off the blanket.