xxi. only you

After classes were over, Hyesun didn't bother Yeji about Jin. Her friend wasn't that dumb to bring up a sensitive topic to her. "Yeji!" Minhyun ran over to me and linked arms with mine. "I'm taking you to a restaurant."

"Restaurant? Now?"

"Enjoy your time. Don't worry about anything and have fun." Hyesun winked at me. I nudged her on the elbow before she made her way to Daniel's side.

"Alright I will." I slightly blushed.

"Goodluck on your date Minhyun!" Daniel cheered on his friend.

Jin saw Yeji and Minhyun with their linked arms as he exited out the door with his 'girlfriend' by his side. He kept replaying Hyesun's words in his head.

"Jin, let's go out to eat." Minkyung brought herself closer to him. Her arms snaked her way to his waist. Jin faked a smile and agreed. He had to figure out how to get himself out of this mess.

- - -

"What should we order?" Minkyung flipped through the menu.

"Whatever you want, Minkyung." Seokjin tried to cater to her the best he could. All he kept doing in his mind was comparing her to Yeji and how she couldn't amount to that.

Those two weeks consisted of Jin realizing how much fun Yeji's presence was. Initially she was a replica of Minkyung, but in the end they did share memories that were irreplaceable. Minkyung wasn't like Yeji, they were completely different. It was something he realized too soon. Somehow that spark they created, it didn't happen. Minkyung seemed unrealistic and rushed due to her breakup.

Seokjin's ears perked up when they heard a familiar laugh and voice. He slowly placed down the menu to see Yeji and Minhyun sitting a few tables away from them. He had unconsciously smiled upon seeing her.

"Jin?" Minkyung called the thought driven male.

"Huh?" His eyes diverted to her.

"I said did you want the ravioli?" She repeated. Her voice sounded annoyed after being continuously ignored.

"Minkyung." Jin sighed. "I know I proposed to you first to date me. I'm sorry to say this, but I don't have feelings for you anymore." He pushed his chair. "I thought you were better, but don't use someone else for your own personal gain." As he walked away from the table, he walked towards Yeji's table.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" I looked up to see Jin in front of me. I was confused to see him here. Did he stalk me? Follow me here?

"Who are you and why do you need to talk to her?" Minhyun found him bring rude and disrespectful.

"No it's okay Minhyun. He's one of my classmates." I tried calming him down.

"I'll just talk to her for a minute. It's something important." Jin looked at my eyes and something told me he was being sincere.

"I'll come back in a bit." I told Minhyun to wait for me.

The two of us had gotten out of the restaurant. Jin took my hand he took me to the other corner of the building. I pulled my hand away from his as I was tired of being pushed around by him.

"Remember when you told me you would be there for me no matter what? What happened to that?" Jin frowned.

"Why are you making me the culprit? You're the one who texted me the message first. You pushed me away first Jin. Stop victimizing yourself." I couldn't help but feel frustrated.

"Yeji please listen to me." Jin took a hold of my shoulders. "For the first time, you learned to accept me for who I am. You were the only one to see the weak side of me."

I felt Jin's face inching towards mine, slowly. I felt his warm breath nearing my cheek as his voice turned to a low whisper. "This might be late, but I wanted to say. I love you." His lips moved towards my own as they met.

I would've protested, but I didn't reject his kiss. Instead I let him in on the passionate kiss we shared together leaving us breathless.

"Seokjin-" I cupped my hands to his face as I let the moonlight glittered in his eyes. "I love you too."

He suddenly pulled me into a hug, my head resting on his chest. "I'm sorry for hurting you. Please don't ever leave me. I need you."

"I promise, I won't." I whispered.