16 ⇻ a damned confession

ahahahahahah i forgot today was tuesday!!!!!!!!! happy holidays!!! enjoy y'all's breaks!!! 

On Friday night, I decided that maybe some time back at the mansion would be nice. Yes, I basically spent every night there, but I meant a full on vacation–even if it was back there. Cause at least there I wasn't being judged for something I couldn't help.

    "Hey, where are you going?" Dom asked as I made my way down the stairs, my duffel bag stuffed with some clothes for the weekend slung over one shoulder and my usual backpack hiked over the other, stuffed with my notebooks, laptop, and supplies.

    I looked up as I descended the staircase, meeting his gaze. "Hey. I'm gonna stay back at home for the weekend."

    Dom frowned, placing his chopsticks on the side of his bowl. "Everything okay?"

    "Yeah, I just–I was feeling homesick." Which wasn't a complete lie. I did miss being around the brothers twenty-four seven, having them right next door and being dumb and lazy together. Even with Lucifer's unnecessarily helicopter-parent rules, it felt like having a parent back.

    I mean, my mom wasn't a helicopter parent. By no means did she ever hover. Couldn't physically do it and she refused to do that to me because... because why? She'd told me why. I knew she did.

    "You okay?" Dom asked again, brows furrowing in concern.

    I blinked back into focus, shaking my head. "Sorry, yeah, just got distracted thinking about my... thinking about my mom."

    "Ah, good thing you'll be seeing her soon, right?" He smiled.

    I frowned. "No... actually."

    This time he frowned, tilting his head to the side. "You're not? Oh, you don't live with her?"

    "I..."

    Slowly, his brown eyes widened, hand going up to his blond hair. "Oh my God. I didn't–I didn't even realize." Both his hands covered his mouth. "I'm so sorry."

    "What?"

    "I–when did you–oh, God. Actually, wait, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to ask that," he muttered to himself.

    "Dom, what are you talking about?" I walked closer, dropping my duffel on the seat closest to me. After a second, it hit me what he was going on about. My own eyes widening, I held up both my hands, my backpack falling as I did so, shaking them in front of me as I corrected him with a small laugh, "Sorry, wait–no, Dom. My mom's alive."

    "She is?"

    I nodded, laughing. "Yeah, she's alive. She's okay. Don't worry."

    "Oh," he sighed in relief, shoulders dropping. "Oh, thank God. I didn't wanna do that again." He grimaced, cracking his head. "I did that with Dawn," he explained.

    "Oh. Right." I licked my lips, the laughter dying as I remembered why I was actually leaving for the weekend. I cleared my throat. "Anyway, yeah. Um, I'll be back Monday, though."

    "Cool, cool." He picked his chopsticks back up as I rounded the table to grab my shoes. As I did, Luke popped his head out of his room, calling out, "I'll be ready to leave soon!"

    I nodded, throwing up a thumbs up as I picked up my sneakers, moved the duffel off the chair, and sat down to pull them on.

    "So, you're not going home to where she lives? Or, did I miss something?"

    "Hmm?"

    "You said you're going home, right?" I nodded. "Well, if home isn't where your mom is, who're you going home to?"