Prologue

Thank you for reading

Thank you for reading. Hope you enjoy it.  This is an excerpt of the first book of The Strike Zone Series. The book in its entirety will be available on Amazon Kindle and paperback June 2022.

The Dual Threat Series (available on Amazon)
3 books
The Strike Zone Series (available on Amazon)
3 books
The Moss Bluff Series (available on Amazon)
4 books
The Full Circle Series (available on Amazon)
3 books
The Bradford Series
3 books
Our Beginnings (Georgia Bradford's Memoir) Wattpad release only

The Third Generation Series
4 books

Prologue

Every champion was a contender that refused to give up

"It's a big game tonight, Al. Anaheim has to win if they want to even get a shot in the playoffs."

"You've got that right, Dan. They're lucky Reese Tateman is on the mound tonight. As long as the Segler brothers stay as hot as they have the first four innings, they can't lose."

Sitting in the dugout, I have to agree with the announcers. Reese has been able to keep the runs down on Milwaukee. His fast ball is like lightning tonight. I don't remember seeing him throw this way in a long time.

I've gotten three base runs, a homer and a strike out. Dillon has hit it out of the park twice tonight. He's our clean up guy, Dillon is going to win us this game. I just want to get one more on the board.

I head to the plate. Taking a couple of practice swings, I watch Schloss like a tiger does its prey. I'm going to score. I'm going to bring it home, I can feel it in my bones. Tonight we will win.

Settling myself into position. I'm ready to send this ball into the nosebleed seats way in the back of the park. Reading Schloss, I know he's going to try his sinker first. It's his go to pitch. As he lines up, he shakes off the catcher twice refusing his calls then gives the nod. Yep, he's going for it. Watching it closely, I don't fall for it. The ball drops low, right as it passes the plate.

Beautiful pitch. I wish he was on our team. But there's no way he could ever match Reese. Lining up for pitch two. I'm ready, it'll be a fast ball. Here it comes. I swing, hard and low, in the box. When my bat connects with the ball, I feel it vibrate through my arms and down my body. It's not going to be a home run, but it'll get me on base and give us a full count. Tossing my bat aside, I head for first and take the base.

So the game continues to play round the bases we go. Just like in college. I know this game like the back of my hand. As the ball is hit again and we move around the track. We get a strike out and wait. Baseball players have to be patient to get their moments. I've got patience tonight. Home plate I'm coming for you.