✅ Shadow Creature

[Short Story]
Monster x Reader

Silence was all the spoke when the clock hit three in the morning. Every living thing was in rest, the birds made no chirps. Even your AC, was very much silent. So peaceful, some might deem it intolerable.

You found it oddly appealing, due to specific circumstance. All because he came out.

With a booming gong, the grandfather clock declared it to officially be the hour. Unlike most nights where that very same gong would wake you up, your presence was already awake. A plan of sorts had configured in your brain.

Your feet, hanging on the edge of the bed provided cool air to relish in. As if on que, he made his entrance. A black mist crept out like water from underneath your bed. Each second it grew darker and larger. The chill of it passing sent aching shivers coursing through your spine.

A form now existed in front of you, solid in shape, ashy skin reflecting in the window light. Breathtaking.

You moved the remaining covers to stand up and reach out to him. He grasped your soft hands and pulled you gently into him with his clawed ones. You rested your face against his chest, feeling the rise and fall of it.

"I missed you." You mumbled, still a tad sleepy. He held you a little closer.

"As I missed you, I always do." You could feel his joy. His hand reached for your cheek and gently caressed it to look at him.

"You make me so happy." He mumbled. A sweet smile made it's way to your face as you leaned into his palm.

"I'd do anything for you." You remark, a smile creeping onto his face.

"Even a kiss?" He teased. You laughed softly. He leaned down, your eyes meeting all of his.

"Always; plenty just for you." You softly pressed your lips into his cold ones, creating sparks within your heart. Your hands moved behind him, and curved up to his horns.

He always loved it when you'd kiss and touch him. He was deprived of affection for so long it was just what he always needed.

Just one hour was all you had together each night, and each night since childhood your bond has grown into that of love.

403 words
Hit that ☆ if you enjoyed!

Tumblr @strike-my-heart-out
AO3 as @Cosm0s
Follow me here for more updates!