Chapter 1

Mason's POV
Sighing heavily, I lay down on my bed and stare up at my ceiling- thinking about everything. A new family has now moved into town and when we walked to their house to greet them, the young girl looked terrified when I leaned down to talk to her. So instead I welcomed them to town and we went back to the pack house. I'm the beta, Mason. I have yet to find my mate, but I only just turned 17 so I've got time.

I slowly close my eyes, about to drift off to sleep when I hear a knock at my door. Knowing exactly who it is, I sit up, calling "come in" as I rub my face. My little 3 years old sister, Angel, bursts in and runs over to me and hugs me tightly. I smile at her as I pick her up and sit her in my lap.

She reminded me so much of mom but I shake off that thought with a smile and I look down at her. "Whatcha doing, girly?" She giggles and just snuggles into me. She doesn't talk much and she is super shy around other people. It reminded me of the little girl with that family... she didn't look shy... she looked more...more scared than anything. I stand up and carry my sister down to the kitchen. I get her her juice and smile as she lays her head down on my shoulder and starts drinking it. I turn around about to go back up to my room almost running into the alpha on the way there. His name was Alpha Jake. We are best friends and have been since I can remember. I mumble a sorry as I rub my face as I look up at him. He clearly has a look of concern on his face and I just shake my head.

"You know you can tell me anything." He says as he walks over the the refrigerator and pulls out a Dr Pepper. I lean back on the counter as I sigh and nod my head.

"Yeah I know... I'm just in that mood right now...ya know? There's nothing particularly wrong other than I'm tired but I was trying to wait for Amy to cook dinner so I can go to sleep. I don't think I'll make it though. " Jake smiles and starts laughing softly while he shakes his head."Amy is on the business trip remember??" He laughs again and I just glare at him and roll my eyes looking down at Angel. She's already asleep with her thumb in her mouth and the juice hanging loosely in her hand. Before I can catch it, it lands on the floor- creating a huge mess. I groan loudly and as I reach for the rag, Jake stops me. He still has a big smile on his face when he points to the stairs.

I look up at the stairs and give him a confused look when he finally says something: "Go to bed. I'll clean this up you just go to sleep. Your eyes are bloodshot red and it looks like you're drunk- so go before I have to knock you out and force you." He laughs hard at the last part and I just smile and shake my head. I thank him for cleaning up the mess and go upstairs to my room. I set Angel down gently then strip into some thin shorts and a tank top. I would never be able to sleep in just boxers while my baby sister lays beside me. I gently take off her clothes and help her into her favorite pajamas. I lay in bed and cover us up. I cuddle her into my chest as I drift off into sleep.

Later on that night I wake up to hard breathing and I look around quickly, confused to see if there was anyone in the room. Noticing where it's coming from, I look down at my sister slowly. I see her shaking hard as her breath is shallow. I se that she's crying as well and immediately grab her and cuddle her whispering soft things into her ear. After about 5 minutes it still hadn't stopped so I picked her up and run down to the pack doctors office. On the way there I mind linked him to be in the pack hospital room. I run through the door and lay Angel on the bed as I feel her forehead. A second after and a sleepy doctor runs into the room. I had clearly woken him up but he rushes to Angels side and starts starts checking a few things. He puts her back to sleep after I gave him permission. I sit next to her and sigh. The doctor speaks as he's still looking over her and into her eyes. "Seems like she had a bad dream and it triggered an extreme panic attack." He puts the oxygen mask over mouth to steady her breathing. She looks so precious so I just nod to everything the doctor says. "She will be awake tomorrow, you can ask her about what happened. You told me before that her parents were killed in front of her right?"

I growl softly, "Our parents. But, yes, rouges broke into our home while me and the alpha were fighting in a war. When I came home she was tied up crying and my parents were dead in front of her..." I started to space out as I remembered the scene of blood everywhere and all over Angel. I shake my head so I can get rid of that image.

"Well that might have triggered it, so just stay in here until she wakes in the morning then call me in here." I nod my head to show I understand then watch him leave. I grab onto my sisters hand then lay my head down beside her as I drift off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is honestly my favorite book I think I'm going to be writing. I have ideas in my head about what's going to happened. So please if your interested in continuing to read this book please like and comment!! I love to read your comments even if they are hate! I find those funny but anyway I'm a horrible speller so please if there are any spelling errors comment them and I will change it! Thank you and everyone have a wonderful day!!