MaoMao <3 Hero!Reader

for Ravenclone1

·
·
·
·
·

“Need a hand, Sheriff?”

MaoMao looked up to see you perched on a tree branch. He sighed, pushing the giant bug off of him and slicing it's head off.

“Thank you (Y/N), but I got it.”

You propped your chin up on your head in amusement, watching MaoMao attempt to attack the many bugs around him. Every time he killed one, another one sprouted from the remains. It was funny, watching him trapped in a circle of metaphorical and literal defeat.

“Uh huh, except you really don't. What happened to Badgerclops and Adorabat?”

“An adventurer- *slice* -needs to go on his own journeys every once in a while- *slice* *slice*.”

“Awww. You're so cute when you try to do things on your own. And even cuter when you don't want to admit you failed.”

MaoMao blushed, turning to face you.

“Of all the times to flirt with me, now?!”

“Why not? You said you had the situation under control. Bug on your left.”

MaoMao punched the bug in it's face, crossing his arms afterwards.

“I do, but-”

“But what? But you actually need my help? But my charming ways have finally cracked your not-so-tough exterior, and you wish I'd tone it down a little so you can impress me?”

MaoMao pouted at you, but stayed quiet. You laughed, standing up amd stretching your limbs. You pulled your sword from it's sheath at your waist, and held it in front of your face.

“Okay, okay. Watch out- I'm coming in hot.”

MaoMao stepped to the side, stabbing another bug while you charged up your weapon. You slowly raised the sword behind your head, imagining a tiny flame in your head slowly flickering to life. Leaping in the air, you brought the sword back over your head, imagining the flame growing, and then finally exploding into a raging fire as the sword came down.

Giant insects screeched with fear and pain as your blazing blade hit their exoskeletons and cut through their vital organs. MaoMao watched you with wide eyes as you elegantly ended your foes' lives, eyes glowing white with power and setting his heart aflame.

When the battle was over, you closed your eyes and let a big puff of air out, blowing your mental flame away. Opening your eyes (which were now back to normal), you smirked and walked over to extinguish one of MaoMao's whiskers.

“You're welcome~”

MaoMao snapped out of his stupor, frowning and sheathing his sword.

“I didn't need your help you know.”

“Whatever you say, MaoMao. I don't know why you don't change your sword. Fire's the answer to pretty much every problem.”

MaoMao rolled his eyes, pushing past you and heading back to the village.

“Why you're even considered a hero, I'll never know.”

“I heard that! Anyways, since I saved your life, I deserve a gift. Date tonight?”

“No.”

“Oh come on! Please?”

“No (Y/N).”

“At least admit my fire skills were cool!”

·
·
·
·
·

end. this is this first oneshot i ever drafted outside of wattpad, and i actually kind of liked it.

special thanks to all of you for being patient with me and keeping the requests up. some of them are really interesting, and i look forward to writing them.

uhhhhh nothing else to say so ✌