The Eclipse

I have no idea how it is that I'm able to climb the rocks again to head to the invasion without collpasing to the ground. I guess I'm not as weak as I thought I was.

I can hear loud explosions and blattle cries and commands in the distance. There doesn't seem to be that many invaders, and I begin to question why it is that they decided to invade with relatively small numbers. Have they lost their minds?

There are several watchtowers scattered along the path they're following. Those towers are causing them a lot of trouble; maybe I should help out from here. I go from tower to tower, starting from where I am and making my way closer to where the invasion is. There's still some distance, so I'm hoping I'll help clear out the way for them to move forward. 

After about the fifth tower I disarm, a secondary alarm starts to sound and catches the guards' attention as well as those invading.

"The Avatar has escaped!" A guard yells. "I repeat: the Avatar has escaped!"

It could not have been too easy, I'm just glad I managed to make it here.

Whatever the case, I need to keep helping as much as I can. I run to another tower up ahead of me and get inside. I fight the soldiers in it when suddenly another man enters, a man with Water Tribe armor. When he sees me fighting the soldiers, he fights alongside me. Together and without words, we take out the soldiers, but the last one causes us some trouble.

The soldier causes a large explosion that luckily backfires on them. Before I believe we were completely successful, I notice the man on the ground clenching his side. I rush over to him and help him up, and support his weight so that I can take him outside.

"Thank you," he says weakly.

"Anytime," I say as I set him on the floor.

"Dad!" I hear a female voice.

"Dad!" A male voice.

I look to where the two voices are coming from and gasp. 

In front of me, a frightened Katara and a surprised Sokka stare at me, since apparently, the man who helped me take down the tower is their father.

I never met him while I was at the Water Tribe. I arrived shortly after he'd left, and he hadn't returned since. Though it's in bad circumstances, I'm very glad they're reunited now.

Katara runs over to us and immediately gets to healing her father's wound.

"What are you doing here?" She says lowly after a bit of silence.

"I was imprisoned," I reply. "I've been here since we arrived from Ba Sing Se."

Katara hints some suprise.

"Right... what happened after I left?" She says. "I never got to thank you for covering us."

"Long story short," I begin, "Azula offered Zuko the chance to turn me in so that he could return home. He took that chance and I wound up here."

Katara sighs. "I'm so sorry about that."

"It's okay," I say. "The good thing is I'm out of that jail now."

"Not to put any pressure," Sokka says, "but could you heal him any faster?"

"I'm doing everything I can," Katara says.

"I know, but we have another problem to deal with," Sokka says. "Aang escaped from who knows what!"

"They're not talking about Aang, Sokka," I tell him. "They mean me."

"They said Avatar!" 

"I know," I say. "I am an Avatar."

"Sokka, she's telling the truth," Katara says before Sokka can retaliate. "I saw her bending earth and air back in Ba Sing Se."