[1] deja vu

"Vea! Get your butt down here!" I heard my mom shout from downstairs.

I lazily got up and stretched myself. She could honestly say ass instead of butt. As soon as I stood straight, my vision became blurry and black, my head aching. Ah, here we go for the so called almost-possessed-by-a-demon-but-failed disease. It is actually my lack of iron, but mom didn't know that because she'd yell at me for having an illness because of using my phone too much.

I heard her shout my name again, but this time, in a louder voice.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Coming!" I shouted back.

The moment I reached the kitchen, I saw my father reading a newspaper in a suit with my older brother getting ready to enter his college life. I sat on the counter and took a bite from the meal.

"Have a great first day hun," my mom said and kissed his cheeks. I playfully rolled my eyes at her motherly love.

My brother smiled. "Thanks. I'll be home by probably ten in the evening, so could you wait for me?"

"About that, we won't be here for three nights. Your father will have a business party to attend so could you please take care of the house?" Mom replied while washing the dishes.

"Three nights? I thought it's a week?" Dad asked, looking up from the newspaper.

"A week?" My brother and I exclaimed simultaneously. We weren't used to our parents being gone for too long.

"How should I know? It's your business, Travor. I was just guessing." Mom said while wiping both of her hands on her apron.

"Honey, it's our business."

"But mom," I whined. "Business parties only last a night."

"We're not gonna magically arrive here after the party from South Korea." Mom replied, removing her apron and fixing dad's tie.

"That's great, then. I'll indulge myself in video games." Johan said before stepping out of the door, waving goodbye.

I shouted a few moments after he went out, "Goodbye imbecile!"

My mom smacked my head with anger and frowned. "Don't say that to your brother."

I rolled my eyes. Like she isn't used to herself calling me names all the time.

"So, why South Korea?" I asked.

Mom grabbed her bag from the open island and dabbed some powder on her face. "What do you mean why? The party is obviously held in South Korea."

"What's the party for?"

"Business." Dad answered as-a-matter-of-factly as he stood up and walked upstairs.

"Is it true that they only eat spicy cabbages?"

Mom groaned and placed her make-up back in her bag. "You ask too many questions."

Soon enough, they went out of the house so they wouldn't be late for work, while I was hurrying myself to not get late for class.

I was the last one to leave the house and so I locked everything up as I got inside my service cab that was waiting outside the gate. I was greeted, as usual, by Johnson.

''Where would you like to go, miss Jovia?'' He leaned back to face me with a smile.

''For the fourth time, Johnson, Vea is fine with me. Please do drop me by the library. I have something to do,''

''Certainly.'' Then he began to drive.

It was time for me to play my own role. I wondered how long I was gonna keep this up. I didn't want people to hate me and I haven't experienced being hated... yet.