A New Reign

As the sun rises, the animals tiredly lift up their heads toward Pride Rock. A gust of wind, and Rafiki, encourages the animals to walk toward Pride Rock. 

Zazu flies toward Pride Rock and circles around toward the new king of the Pridelands, King Kovu. The majordomo bows toward the new king, Kovu's green eyes sparkle and he smiles in approval. Rafiki climbs up Pride Rock, Simba and Nala is close behind their daughter and Kovu embraces his father in law's friend. 

Kovu leads the mandrill to the den and Simba and Nala follow. Kiara smiles at Rafiki and licks her cub.  The newborn prince has a dark pelt and a brown fur tuft, like his father. He opens his eyes wide, one eye green like Kovu's, the other orange, like Kiara's. Rafiki rattles his stick in front of the young prince, getting his attention. He then opens the gourd and rubs the red liquid on the cub's forehead. Rafiki then sprinkled dust on the cub, causing the young prince to sneeze. 

At this adorable sight Kovu nuzzles Kiara. Rafiki picks up the cub and takes him to the edge of Pride Rock, the royals stand behind as the young prince is lifted up and shown for all the kingdom to see. A bright light shines down on the prince, signifying Mufasa's approval.