The Dead

It was a beautiful day. Birds were singing, flowers have been blooming and on such a gorgeous day there sadly had to be a funeral.

It was a woman that had died, a mother of a wonderful girl. She was kind and always happy, smiling despite everything that happened.

But on this day she didn't smile, no, she cried. She cried over her mother's death, at her grave, which she ones again visited in order to bring her mother those flowers that she ones cherished so much.

"why are you crying little one" asked a rather confused and sympathetic female voice. Without tearing her gaze from the grave the girl responded "one year, it was one year ago that she died and I can't seem to get over it. It doesn't look like it matters how much I might try to."

"i don't understand" admitted the woman "you living are always crying over us even though it's not the dead but the living you should be crying about. Other than us you are capable of feeling pain. We are freed from the misery that live is. so why is it that you are crying about us?"

"you may be right it probably seems idiotic to do so" responded the girl with a small smile crawling to her face. "but that we cry is because we care, because we miss the dead that we are crying for. So as idiotic as it may seem it just means that the person meant enough to us so that we would even go through the pain of crying for them over and over again."

"that is still stupid" stated the female "wouldn't the dead want you to be happy and live you're live? Why would you want to make them sad by crying over them instead of laughing for them?" the Taller sighed. "why are all of you doing the same mistakes over and over again. It doesn't matter what of how often one tells you it is idiotic, you just do the same thing over and over again. It doesn't matter how often I tell people to cry about the living not the dead, it just doesn't seem to help. I'm tired of doing it, what is the point of even trying?"

"I'll help you." the woman looked at the girl. "I'll help you tell people to not cry about the dead but to laugh for them, thank you" both smiled. "thank you too little one"

With that the girl stood up and turned around to an empty graveyard, smiling. "I will help you mother. Don't you worry"

"I love you my dear, may you live a long and happy live. I'll be wayting for you"