Statistically highly unlikely things still happen

„Just stop it already Andy."

Jake could not hold his anger back any longer.
He really thought Andy would stop chasing after the idea of this other universe Ellen and him.
After all they lost all of their magic, no way to get it back. It should be impossible for them to cross universes ever again. Jake really thought it would be enough reason for Andy to just let it go but instead he was standing there, talking about possibilities how it might could work and how he could spend the rest of his life in the other universe. How it could be possible without Bear trying to restore order.

Andy stopped talking and looked at Jake, surprised by his outburst.

Jake tried to calm himself to keep him from saying something he might regret latter.
„Stop talking about this other Ellen. How can you still try so hard to get to her? She only fell in love with you because you saved her from that fucking bus. She does not even know you or like you for who you really are. Why can' t you just get over her and concentrate on those who like the real you and not the hero who saved them by accident."

The blond teen had to hold himself back to not shake the smaller one to get some sense into him. Or shake the existence of other universes out of his head.

„The ones who really like me?"
Andy just looked at him dumbfounded but his expression changed soon to something unreadable.
„Why'd you think I am concentrating so much on Ellen, she is the only one ever liking me."

How could anyone be so dense? Jake almost wanted to punch him.

To be fair, it took Jake a while to understand his own feelings and he was not showing them openly most of the time. However, lately he was even openly flirting, especially when they were alone.

When Andy was gone Jake realised how much he had fallen for the Asian boy.
It hit him right in the face when he dreamt about them being back in the other world, where Andy gave him this love letter from Ellen. But instead of Ellen Andy made it for Jake and the next moment they kissed and Jake was left with a bitter feeling of loneliness and longing when his alarm went off and tore him out of dream Andy's arms.
He woke up with the thought that he was not only very fond of the smaller boy but that there was much more.
Especially after those dreams continued, turning moments he had with Andy that may have given him a tingling feeling in his gut, into something more.
Moments where he might even had thought about kissing him but shoke it off. It was just not something you did with your pal, right?

Maybe he was unconsciously trying to keep himself from the pain it would bring, with Andy still talking about Ellen and the mocking of his teammates if they found out.

Saskia was a try to find someone else for himself. It might even had worked out if she would not have turned into a golem. Jake was almost sure that Alice had designed Saskia especially the way she was so he would like and trust her with him being the only one not already having a girl he liked.
He really liked her but at night he was still only thinking about Andy and his heart clenched painfully when he the thought about never seeing the other boy again crossed his mind.
This fear even made his worries about his team's reaction about him liking a guy unimportant. He knew his mother would still love him and whoever was his real friend would still be there too.

The moment he held Andy in his arms for the first time after he had gone to the negative space was incredible.
He held him as close as possible, inhaling his scent secretly, not wanting to let go ever again, too afraid that he would disappear again.
If Andy would know how much he actually missed him. He never told him but his eyes probably gave him away.