Chapter two: Amy's Secret

*Ring, ring, ring*

"Hello?"

"hi... um... is this sophie?" I recognized her voice right way.

"hi Amy! so is this your number?"

"yup, um so... do you maybe wanna hang out?..."

"sure, are you busy tomorrow."

"I'm not busy were should we uh... meet?"

"At the park?"

"ok"

"ok we can talk more about it at school, I gotta go."

"ok bye"

I hung up the phone and put it safely back in my pocket.

Mom had already left for work so I made myself some breakfast.

After eating up my bacon and eggs (my favorite) I headed out the door to take the short walk to school. today was the last day of school for the week, thankfully.

-----------------

In lunch me and Amy decided to meet up at the park at 11:30 tomorrow morning and maybe go to her house, thats if her parents allowed it.

--------

Wile I was walking the road home after school I felt the cold air come up through my sweater sleeves and getting under my bandage on my wrist. putting my head down and my hands in my pockets I walked the rest of the way home.

-------------

"uhgg, finally home!" I said to my self after entering the house.

As I walk into the kitchen I here my phone buzz with a message.

*Buzz, Buzz*

Unknown number:

Hey cutter bitch!!

Sophie:

Who is this?

Unknown number:

Its Brenda

sophie:

Why are u talking to me!

Brenda:

I heard u cut I'm going to tell the hole school. Unless you do me a favor.

Sophie:

I'm not doing anything for you bye!!

"ugh! I hate Brenda so much!" I say under my breath.

Putting my phone back into my poket I grab a snak out of the fridge and head up to my room.

Sophie:

So Amy are we still meeting tomorrow??

Amy:

Yup and my parents staid u could come over. but uh... I need to tell you something before we become friends... And I'm going to trust you to not tell anyone. ok?

Sophie:

ok...

Amy:

I gotta go see you tomorrow c:

Sophie:

Bye

"Uh that was weird" I say to my self throwing my phone onto my bed.

-----------------

As I look into the mirror I think I picked out the perfect pair of clothes. I'm wearing a black shirt with a wolf howling on it, a dark red sweater, black skinny jeans, and red skater shoes. My hair is in its normal curly dirty blond mess so I pat it down with my hand. I also have on my favorite ring and the bracelet that my dad gave me.

Last night I was picking at my scabs on my arm so its a little sore. but I can deal with it.

-----------------

"Amy!" I called at her when I spotted her reading on on of the benches. she was wearing a black and blue long sleeve shirt, gray skinny jeans and black convers. Her hair was neatly done into a long French braid.

Amy shut her book and smiled at me.

"hi Sophie"

"hi, what you reading there" I said pointing to the book she had on her lap.

"oh its called the ghost bird series" she said handing the book to me "its book five, I love it so much"

"cool i have never heard of it"

"you could borrow the first book if you want"

"ok sounds good"

We talked for sometime it was probably about 1:30 I think.

All of a sudden I saw her expression change.

"Amy? whats wrong"

"uh... remember what I said yesterday about the secret thing..."

Omg I totaly forgot, we got carried away I forgot to ask her about that.

"yeah"

"well I uh..."

"its ok you can tell me anything" I know we just became friends but I could feel the friend ship there and it was strong.

"I... uh...I..."

I stared at her patiently and waited for what came next.

She stared down at her sleeves and nervously polled them up.

Her wrists and forearms were covered in scars and scabs. I looked up at her face in shock as I did I could see a small tear escape her dark brown eyes.

she polled her sleeves back down and I think she was about to run away when I lifted my own sleeves and exposed my own scars.

"I have them too" I whispered as I felt the tears runing down my cheek.