Chapter 3

Today is Wednesday, and i'm getting ready for school. I'm wearing a fuzzy gray and black vest that goes down to my knees over a beige shirt. I tuck my jeans into my combat boots, take my meds, and bolt out the door.

"Bye mom! Love you!"

"Love you too!" I quickly run back and kiss her on the cheek before rushing off to school.

I didn't mention before, but I play JV softball. (2nd baseman) I'm a freshman and there's no freshman team, so I made it on JV. I will admit that I was TERRIBLE at the beginning of tryouts. I couldn't even catch the ball let alone throw one well. I've played softball my whole life, up until about 4 years ago when the coach changed and our new one was totally sucky. Ever since then, my athletic abilities had declined a bit. But now, we're halfway through the season, and I'm one of the best players on the team.

I call that improvement.

I arrive to school and park my car on the line. I go through the usual morning processes (walking, locker, backpack, etc.)

Alyssa and I sit on the bench yet again, (surprising, right?) and watch as people pass by. I have one earbud in, and Boom Clap by Charli XCX beats through it. I'm doing everything I can to keep myself from jumping up and dancing like an idiot. I try to keep that stuff for home. Music has always been a huge part of my life. I've played a series of instruments, like violin, piano, flute, ukulele, and of course, my very own voice.

My sister sings way better than I do, but she's two years older than me and just naturally better at that stuff. She's prettier, a better dancer and singer, and she can pitch a softball like nobody's business. (She doesn't play anymore) it's usually whatever I can do she can do better, but one thing I'm good at is writing-and that's strictly reserved for moi.

"Hey...hey...hey!" Alyssa waves her hand in front of my face. "EARTH TO SAM."

"Hmm?!?" I whip my head around, and eventually the fog clears from my head.

"Look." She slightly points forward to the hot guy.

I start to look but she quickly yell whispers, "Not now! Don't look now!"

I look anyways.

He's leaned up against a wall staring at me again.

"Did you hear he broke up with his so called girlfriend? Now he's single. Not that he wasn't making out with other girls while he was dating her, but she was a floozy, so he was probably just doing it because she was. You know, a no-commitment relationship." Alyssa says.

"Yeah," I say, not listening to much of what she's saying. He bites his lip, and I break eye contact out of anxiety.

He slips around the corner again,

And disappears.

I need to know more about this mysterious new kid.

I'm going to approach him tomorrow.

It's decided.

Sorry if this was a bit sketchy. I did this quick! Comment ideas and what you think of my new story! Thanks baes😘