Fight or Flight?

"U-um, I don't have money if that's what you want." I stuttered. The cup rolled his eyes.

"I don't want money. What I want is a name." He stated plainly. I could only stare, dumbfounded.

A name? The guy that was in a police chase wants my name?!

I started to back up, ready to sprint towards the street. "I don't think I'll be giving that to you anytime soon!" I quipped, before turning and booking it to the alley's exit.

A shout of protest sounded from behind, but I couldn't care less. I had only one thing on my mind; getting out of there.

I managed to make it to the street before something gripped my wrist. My body stumbled backwards. I looked down to see the cup's hand firmly grasping my wrist.

"Look, I come in peace. I just want to know your name." He said, slowly.

My thoughts were a blur, which wasn't exactly the best thing when trying to make a decision. On one hand, he wasn't harming me. On the other, I had seen him taking part in a crime!

Oh, what the hell.

I sighed, and broke the silence.
"Faye."

He seemed stunned for a second. "What?" I yanked my wrist out of his grip and looked for any marks.

All clear.

"My name. It's Faye."

The cup snapped out of his daze, registering the information. "Ah, um, thanks," he mumbled. I turned, and started to walk away.

Never a boring day in Inkwell, huh?