thirty two

"valetina! you are stunning!" mandy exclaimed when she saw the brown haired beauty. zion and valentina were picking up three members of the kuwonu family who had just flown in from canada, which unfortunately included elom. kekeli, mandy, and elom were visiting since elom was going to start the school year and these were his final few weeks of summer break. zions father could not make the trip because he had to return to togo for work but the rest of the family was spending some time in la since their schedules allowed it.

"thank you! it's so nice to meet you, mrs. kuwonu!" valentina smiled and the two hugged. kekeli pulled her in and commented about how nice her lash extensions were and who does them for her. elom, being elom, said," damn wifey, you fine as fuck" when he gave her an awkward side hug.

"say it louder in front of mandy, boy," she whispered back. his eyes widened and he said," you know she'll whoop my ass, or she'll take away my phone if she heard me."

"alright elom that's enough. let go of her already," zion said, annoyed. elom flipped him off and stuck his tongue out.

"aye chill bro, last time i checked she ain't your girl anymore so i can hug her for as long as she lets me," he responded with a smirk. zion rolled his eyes, he was a bit hurt in reality but he didn't want elom to see that.

sensing zion's discomfort, valentina said," elom, i'm not your girl either so i wouldn't be talking." elom frowned and opened his mouth again," it wasn't even like that ma."

he walked off to be side by side with mandy and kekeli, while valentina and zion and valentina trailed a bit behind the group.

"um, thanks for coming to pick them up with me. you really didn't have to but i appreciate the favor," zion said. he still wasn't sure where their relationship stood but he tried to keep his distance just so he wouldn't overstep his boundaries. sure the two had began hanging out more, simply as friends, and seeing each other much more frequently. but even then there were times that the two would be a bit touchy, such as zions resting his hands on her ass while they watched tv, or valentina laying on his crotch while a movie played, but there was never any mention of dating again. he was unsure of what everything meant but he never questioned it because he didn't want to jeopardize things or make her uncomfortable.
the fans assumed that they had began dating again and "zalentina" shippers were ecstatic but it made zion sort of sad to see pictures of them together but know that they were just friends. he wished that he could take everything back, starting with not giving sammie his sweater. she had caused so much drama just to stir the pot and ruined the trust in his relationship. it was one of his few serious relationships and he let a girl he didn't care for ruin it.

"it's okay, z. plus i really wanted to meet mandy and elom said he'd bring me a gift. lying ass bitch," she mumbled the last part. zion let out a laugh and gave her a smile.

he wished it could've been like this forever.