0.1

*I listen to this (the video above) when I'm writing so maybe you can listen while you read. :)*
[Before you read this story I want to inform you that this is in no way affiliated or based off the Marvel Comic series 'X-Men' or anything of that kind. Thank you very much. -Tiana]
***

I stirred awake to a pitch black room and the sickening smell of bleach. There was a large built in digital clock on the wall. It read 5:57 AM. This did not look like my bedroom, even in the dark.

My room had a bay window, overlooking the city that never sleeps. This bland looking facility I was in, looked sort of like a hospital room minus the equipment and windows. I sat up from where I was laying and saw that the enormous clock casted a dim red haze over the room and I began to see the outline of a door. As If on cue the lights hummed to life.

I was stunned for a few seconds but soon realized there was absolutely nothing else in the room besides the bed I was sitting on. Looking down, I saw I was still in my red plaid pajama pants and black t-shirt I went to bed in last night. How did I end up here when I had no recollection of how? It had been completely silent until the moment a deafening alarm sounded making me hastily slap my hands over both of my ears.

It lasted about 30 seconds before it finally ceased and a short pause of static was all that I heard in the suffocating atmosphere of the room. There was a short annoying chime that sounded through the intercom in the corner between the ceiling and the wall.

"Good Morning Students!" An overly cheery voice echoed throughout the room. I was dumbfounded. Students?

"Now that all of you are up and aware, I would like to take this opportunity to say that I am glad you are all here to participate. I hope you are all feeling the same." The voice which I assumed was a male, said.
He continued. "You all will need to report to the lobby immediately where you shall be sorted and given your marks." The door to my room then slid up into the wall with a loud screech. Through the doorway was a narrow hallway with red lit up arrows on the floor and small dim lights on the ceiling, barely illuminating the space.

"I shall see you all in a few minutes. I hope you are all ready to have a fantastic thrilling day!" Was the last thing he said before the static took over then abruptly cut out.

I willed myself up and stumbled to the red glow of the hallway. I had no idea what I was doing here, never mind why I was following the directions of the voice without a face.
I gripped the door frame once I reached it and played a stupid game to distract myself. As I walked down the hall I tried to only step on the red arrows. I did that until I found myself in a blindingly white room with windows this time. All I could see out the windows was green trees that stretched for miles on end. I concluded that we were in the middle of nowhere and to say I was anxious was an understatement.

I was stood in a circle with 9 other teenagers that looked just as confused as I was. Each of them had two men behind them in white suits and black masks. I turned my head to glance behind myself and there we two behind me as well. I started to panic as I realized the door I came through was gone and there was no other escape.

I took this small sliver of time I had left before something happened to correctly assess who these other teenagers were and if they wanted to kill me as well.

The first one that caught my eye was directly across the circle from me. He looked unimaginably tall with flame red hair. He seemed to be slowly looking around and might I say, he had possibly the nicest eyes I could've ever imagined. They were a brilliant clover green which contrasted to his hair. His eyebrow was pierced and so were his ears with small black round disks. His eyes quickly locked on to mine and I hastily looked away.