0.2

After I was led down the dark hall I walked into a small gray room with tubular fluorescent lights hanging from the ceiling. There was a giant glass tube in the middle of the room with a semi-transparent looking mannequin standing in it. A small screen above it flickered on and the headmaster's pale face appeared.

"This is now your everyday wear. When we retrieved you from your home, the guards analyzed your wardrobe and assessed your interests. After we gathered that information, we picked this outfit for you. I have made sure it is comfortable and versatile. After you change, the hologram mannequin will disappear and you are allowed to step into the tube. Through the tube you will be transported to the main hall. Thank you for your cooperation." He spoke clearly and the screen turned black once again.

I turned around and the guards that had been behind me were nowhere to be seen, as well as the door. I hesitantly looked around the room and stepped forward. The glass tube slid open and I reached in. My fingers brushed the smooth fabric of the top and the hologram dematerialized. The clothes fell to the floor in a near pile and I furrowed my eyebrows in slight confusion. I bent down to retrieve the clothes and grabbed the bottom garment first, slowly pulling them out of the tube.

I stripped my pajamas off and replaced them with the slightly less comfortable clothing. After I finished changing I folded my sleepwear and placed it on the small bench and let my hair out of the ponytail. The ruby curled ends of my chocolatey brown hair fell past my shoulders. I stepped to the side, looking at the mirrored wall behind the tube. It was true, I liked their choice of clothing and it looked like what I would normally wear. The black and white vertical striped shorts matched the tight sleeveless top and black platform boots with white x shaped straps. It matched to my liking but what I couldn't get used to was the the partial braces on my biceps and thighs. They felt cold and unnatural on my skin but I dare not to take them off, just in case it was protocol.

I took one last look in the mirror before taking a deep breath and stepping into the tube. The glass door shut behind me and I felt it jolt before I was being carried up to another floor. We reached the top and it abruptly stopped. I quickly recognized everyone. I had been the last one yet again, and 9 pairs of eyes were burning holes into my skin. I felt panicky and uncomfortable as I stepped out of the tube.

Not everyone looked as approachable as the next. I needed to at least befriend someone in here. I decided to walk toward the first person that came to my head. He was definitely hard to miss. I slowly walked around trying not to get walloped by the giant black wing that circulated the nearby air. I stood in front of the boy that towered over me and intimidated me as well. He had been talking to Ashton, the one that evaded death. My boot squeaked against the floor and his lips forming a straight line as he looked down to me. His cool blue irises stared intently at me before he cracked a smile.

"Hi." He said politely. My palms were sweaty as I struggled to speak.
"Hey, you're Luke, and Ashton." I said stupidly, mentally face-palming while I pointed toward the other boy. They both smiled carelessly and Luke placed his hand on my shoulder.
"And you are?"

"J-Jessica, but I like Jess better." I stuttered, twisting my fingers in each other. Luke cocked his head to the side while the smirk was still plastered on his face. This was a different Luke, not the terrified nervous one I stood next to earlier. He was confident and relaxed which I liked a lot better than my first impression.

"Jess, that's a nice name. What does that mean?" Ashton said pointing a finger at the black marks on my forearm.

"Oh.." I mumbled, looking down while running my finger tips over it. "The headmaster said something about Danger Intuition?" I said in a somewhat questioning tone.