Chapter 8

I haven't seen Twice since I joined the league. I wonder where he is? I walk over to Bakugo, and tap him on shoulder. "You're here longer than I expected. Why is that?" I asked, sitting down. He shrugged, obviously hurt. "Welp, Ima go to the roof." I said, but stopped when Bakugo grabbed my sleeve. "Do you still like that dumb nerd?" He asked. "Midoria? You mean like a crush?" I asked, facing him. He nodded. "You're funny Bakugo. I never had a crush on him. You know that, right?" I asked, putting my arms around his neck, in a hug, and putting my head ontop of his. "Oh ya. You liked Pikachu." He said, not moving.

I turned my head to see Twice, staring at us. "Finally. God Twice, I haven't seen you in a while." I said, sighing. "Are you guys a thing?" He asked, walking over slowly. "Let me think about that. Hmmmm. Nope, I like other people." I said, standing up. I pat Bakugo's head, and went to the roof.

"Who are you?" I asked, pointing at the weird guy, with a metal beak "Oh, I know who you are! You're that Kai Chisaki guy, right?" I asked, laying down next to him. "Ya. Why?" He asked, staring at me. "No reason. I'm usually the only one up here though." I said, closing my eyes. He nodded, and faced back to the sky.

"I still dont know your name though. Or your quirk." He said, staring at me. "Alya Heart. Fire." I said, making my hand light on fire. "I'm just glad, that if Dabi ever makes a mess with his fire, his tastes good." I said, opening my eyes and looking at Kai. "What does that mean?" He asked, very confused. "Follow me." I said, walking to the stairs.

After finding Dabi, I tapped his shoulder, barely reaching by the way. "Dabi! Can I have some fire?" I asked, pointing to his hand. "Um, sure?" He lit his hand on fire, and I grabbed it. I held his fire in my hand, facing Kai. Both men looked very concerned as I ate it. "Yummy, thank you!" I said, hugging Dabi. "Anytime?" He said, but it came out more like a question.

"You have a very weird quirk. Yours is the only one I know of that can digest fire." He said, walking behind me. We made our way back to the roof, and layed down in the same spots. "So, who's your least favorite person here so far?" I asked, closing my eyes. "That warp guy. Kurogiri. Hes very annoying." He said. I laughed. "But hes like everybody's babysitter!" I said, still laughing. "Exactly! He doesnt know how to mind his own business!" He said, starting to laugh. "I HEARD THAT!" We heard him yell from the bar. I broke down laughing, tears coming out of my eyes.

I walked down to the bar, still laughing. "Oh my god. That was hilarious." I said, wiping away my tears. "How could Kurogiri hear you? I couldnt." Spinner said. "I dont know, maybe because it was about him?" I said, sitting down by myself in one of the booths.

Kai walked down the stairs, looking concerned for me. I saw Kurogiri looking at him with an angry expression, and I started bursting out laughing again. Everybody looked at me weirdly, while I sat there laughing.

"Who's that?" Bakugo asked, pointing to Kai. "His name is Kai Chisaki. His quirk is Overhaul." Kurogiri said, anger in his voice. "Calm down Kurogiri. I bet he was just joking." I said. "I wasnt." Kai said, shrugging. "Dont."I said, shaking my head. Before we knew it, Kai was in an akward position because of Kurogiri's warp.

After getting Kai and Kurogiri away from each other, Twice and Dabi walked into the room. "We're running out of food. Somebody needs to go shopping." Twice said. "Not me." I said, raising my hand. "Okay, well I'm not going, and everybody knows what you guys look like, so Overhaul, you have to go." Twice said, annoyed. "I'm not going alone." Kai said, also annoyed. "Ugh, fine! Let me go get changed." I said, after getting pulled at by Spinner.

I changed into a short sleeved seafoam green crop top, and light blue jean shorts. I put on a light blue sweater, letting down my hair, so it goes down to my thighs. I walked down the stairs to see Bakugo's and Kai's faces filled with shock. "Now nobody will recognize me this time." I said, looking at the floor, remembering last time.

Kai got the grocery list from Twice, and we headed to the store. Thankfully, nobody recognized me. Until we got to the final shop we had to go to. I saw Kami walking around, and froze. What do I do, what do I do?! Calm down, Alya. It's not like he noticed you. "Alya?" Kami asked, walking over to me. "Spoke too soon." I whispered. "Where have you been? Everybody is worried about you." He said hugging me. I was still frozen. I didnt have the strength to move. I finally got the courage, and pushed him off. "I'm really sorry, Kami. I miss you so much." I said, crying. "What do you mean so-" I cut him off with a quick kiss. Damn, I've been wanting to do that for forever.

I ran back to Kai, who was looking at me. "Did you get everything?" I asked, wiping my tears. "Ya, let's go." He said, side hugging me. We paid for everything, then left. I wasnt looking, and bumped into Kami. Shit. "Alya, what happened?" Kami asked, holding me in place. "What was the kiss for?" He asked, making me face him. "I had to do it. After all, this is -- hopefully -- the last time we see eachother." I said. I hugged him, and quickly caught up with Kai. I ran ahead of him, making sure Kami didnt follow us.

I ran inside, still crying. "Alya, what happened?" Bakugo asked. "I dont- I didnt- I- UGH!" I yelled, hugging him. "Its okay. Take your time." He said, patting my back. Kai walked in, and saw me, still crying. "What happened?" Bakugo asked, pointing at me. "Old friend? I dont know. But she kissed him, and he didnt seem too happy about it." He said, shrugging. "Was it Pikachu?" Bakugo asked, pushing me off, and holding me by my shoulders. I nodded, wiping away the tears. It didnt work, because they kept coming.

"I d-didnt think h-he would recognize m-me." I stuttered, because of my crying. Bakugo nodded.  "What kind of name is 'Pikachu'?" Kai asked, chuckling. "Its a n-nickname. H-his name i-is Kaminari." I said, finally wiping the last tear. "Oh." Was all he said. I sat down at the bar, pulling my hoodie over my head. I layed my head in my arms, and let my hair cover the space around me.

Dabi moved my hair, and sat next to me. "Your going to be okay. You still have me." He said, nudging my arm. I slightly chuckled, picking my head up. I put my hair back into the french braids. I motioned for him to go away, because Spinner was walking over to us. "Can we talk?" We both said. I started laughing, but he didnt. His face was kind of sad. "Sure." I said.

We walked up to the roof, thankfully nobody was there. "What's up?" I said, sitting down in my usual spot. "I'm worried about you Alya." He said, sitting next to me. "Whys that?" I asked, looking at the clouds. "The more people you like, the more chances of your heart getting broken." He said, concern laced in his voice. "I'm used to it, Spinner." I said, starting to tear up. "I'm just looking out for you. Anyways, what did you want to talk about?" He asked, calming down from his concern. "Um, nevermind." I said. "No you didnt. Alya, you JUST met him!" He said, poking me in the stomach. "Ow! And so what! Hes nice and funny." I said, shrugging. "And.." He said, nudging my shoulder. "And, really fucking cute." I said, quietly. I saw him sigh, and stand up. "Dont worry, I wont tell anybody. But then again, I wasnt the one who told Dabi, either." He said, walking inside. I sighed, and walked back inside.

I walked to my room, and started watching 'Naruto'. I didnt notice when somebody walked in, and sat next to me. I would get so happy when I saw The Akatsuki, Kiba, Shikamaru, Neji, Gaara, Kankuro, or Sai. I finally noticed someone was there, when they tapped my shoulder.

"AHHHH! DUDE WHAT THE FUCK?" I yelled, slapping their arm. "Sorry, I came to see what you were doing. I didnt know you liked anime." Kai said, sighing. I nodded, remembering that IM STILL STUCK IN MY HERO ACADEMIA! "Sorry, I didnt notice you coming in." I said, rubbing my neck, smiling. "So, who's your favorite and least favorite?" He asked. I looked at the screen. It was paused in the middle of the fight scene between Kiba and Naruto at the Chunin exams. This is my third time rewatching it.

"Well for starters, Kiba is THE BEST character in the entire show. Least favorite has to be Might Guy, because hes really annoying. What about you?" I said, pointing at Kiba at the beginning of my sentences. "I have to disagree with you. Hidan is obviously the best because hes immortal, and Jiraiya is the worst because hes a perv." He said. "Hidan may be immortal, but hes really mean. Pain is the best out of the Akatsuki. Maybe Deidara." I said, shrugging. "But Deidara blows himself up!" He yelled. "Trying to kill Sasuke! Which is one of the worst characters, because he betrays his friends!" I said. "Fine. But I like Ino better than Sakura." He said, crossing his arms. "Thank you!" I said, throwing my hands up. "I also like Akamaru better than Pakkun." He said, pointing to him. "True, but that's because I also like Kiba more than Kakashi." I said.