Prologue

Prologue

Memento Mori – The Requiem of the Throne God, The One Above All

What if I said that all life has been decided by fate?

That every action of yours have not been decided by yourselves, but have been decided before your existence?

That life being a journey of limitless possibilities is nothing more than an illusion and no matter how much one struggled, he stood at the mercy of pre-established paths?

The gods shall have their dominions. The powerful shall have their powers. The rich shall have their riches. The poor shall be cursed to poverty. The evil shall be wicked, and the righteous just.

The beautiful, the hideous, the strong, the weak, the big, the small, the fortunate, the miserable...and finally, victors and losers.

What if I said all that has been carved since eons ago, giving no room for divergence?

Then the sinners have nothing to answer for, nor do saints have any virtue to their name.

What if I said that a single action has been carved since eons ago and not done by a person's volition?

Then are we merely drifting in the passage of time?

Tell me, would anyone be content with such a world?

A world to which power is given not earned, would one accept knees bent on a throne built on such falsehood?

Those in possession of such knowledge can laugh joyfully, oblivious to the meaning of life, being nothing more than mere slaves.

Should this be the fate of all, then I, shall resist this meaningless farce.

I shall walk this road to its utmost conclusion, and at the distant place I can call my finale, compose an opera that only belonged to me.

Thus, ladies and gentlemen...

Fellow brethren who were oppressed, weak, frail.

Vow to struggle for eternity till the light of victory shines upon all.

Although all are bind to this cursed chain...

Let us pray that the step we take is the true step that holds the deepest meaning.

Part 1: The Hymn of Death

"Teito Klein."

A slender figure stood on top of a floating, gigantic castle.

As the man gazed down at the human named Teito Klein, he revealed a wide grin.

His existence emanated the aura of a conqueror, an undefeated monarch.

With a grin that suited his personality as the untouchable God of Death, he gave his ultimatum at his sworn enemy.

"I love everything in existence. My love is death. Its flame aches to kill everything in existence: Heaven and Hell, The Chief of Heaven and Mephistopheles; all things in Creation from the most supreme being to the last of existence that will ever be."

As the powerful God of Death and the teenager Teito Klein exchanged glances, the latter spoke in a loud and firm voice: "I will not let you get away with this!"

Thus, the Day of Wrath – Dies Irae; when even the Chief of Heaven would be under Judgement by the Throne would finally begin.

Part 2: Verloren Erwache