1| The Return

The Return

Hera stared at the crackling fire infront of her with a blank face

Hera stared at the crackling fire infront of her with a blank face. The fire brought a warm blanket around the three grounders bodies as the cold night air hit their backs. Safan was finally getting the small amount of sleep he has gotton for days while Gyan kept the fire alive while watching over them. Hera was supposed to be in her own slumber but anytime her ankle hit the ground it would always send a jolt of pain up her leg that would wake her up. The three were coated in dirt and blood from the war they left behind. They didn't have the time to stop at a lake to bathe since they knew the commander was going to have people coming after Hera. Hera practically popped out of know where infront of Lexa and stab her in a place that would take a while for her to heal from.

With the help of Hera's people meant that the grounders had a disavantege. Lexa relied on her advantage that her people knew the land. She knew the best place to hide her archers, messengers, and foot lookouts. They knew where the closets water source and where the best hunting grounds were. With Trikru in the twelve clan alliance, Lexa practically had a victory in her lap for the war. But the second she heard that Wolfkru became an ally of Skaikru she knew that she was screwed.

Wolfkru had time to learn the land and since they already lived in the shadows, it was easy for them to get rid of any traces that Skaikru was any where near hunting grounds and water sources so it threw off the grounders Lexa sent out to pick them off one by one. They were born and raised into fighting, sometimes even fighting with their own wolves. This meant that they trained the Skye People most likely in the basics.

The wolves themselves were problems for Lexa. They would rip apart any grounder that came close to their scouting spot who wasn't an Wolfkru or Skaikru. They would send out a signal howl anytime a rather big group of grounders were coming close to the borders, giving them enough time to send out a group of their own warriors out to fight the group off.

Hera knew all of this and she knew almost every move that Lexa was going to pull off. With the help of Clover, they learned Lexa's war plans and were quick to change their own. But after a while, Lexa caught on that their was mole somewhere. Hera knew that they figured it out as soon as she stopped receiving letters with Clover. Either he was dead or he was hiding.

"You should get some sleep," Gyan's voice brought Hera out of her thinking. She sends a glance in his directions and shakes her head.

"I can't without waking up from pain," Hera grumbles. She hated being the heavy weight of the group.

Gyan stands up and walks over to his pack. After shuffling through it, he walked his way over to Hera and crouched infront of her. She sent him a curoius look as he opened up his palm. "Jobi nuts?"

Gyan nods his head and placed a few into her own palm. "It'll take your mind off of the pain."

Hera rolled her eyes and leaned against a tree, "Yeah because my mind will be stuck on other things."