勢い - Ikioi - Momentum

You slap the scroll onto your forehead (with the metal key), making it stick with chakra and walk past the bathroom with short, staccato steps. The sound of running water is loud in your ears as you walk by. The thin chain hangs around your neck, a reminder of what had happened before. Not that you'll forget the moment. Not that you'll forget anything that happened today. Or yesterday.

A rather confusing turn of events if you list them all in chronological order, really.

Ataru's arm. You need to find a way. You can't face him if you can't. The big question being, are you willing to delve into kinjutsu if fuinjutsu doesn't have the applications or formulae you need? Are you? You... Can't answer that right now. It's almost like defying direct orders from your superior. Kinjutsu is labelled kinjutsu for a reason. Forbidden. Illegal. Against the rules.

If there's one thing Hound has taught you in his many attempts of dodging his responsibilities is that rules are meant to be bent, skirting around the corners to find very specific loopholes you can step into without getting yourself into trouble.

He is supposed to be your sensei now and you, his formal apprentice (Hokage's orders, both of you can't defy his orders). You suppose you shall try to learn what he has to offer starting with his first lesson.

By bending the rules.

A key to Naruto's apartment. He has something in him, that disgusting, bubbling chakra that erodes at your skin almost like acid eating away at metal faster than you can say help. The ANBU squad that watches him day and night (why would an ANBU squad be near him at all times?). The seal formulae on his stomach that you're certain you've never seen before in the fuinjutsu library.

It's strange. Very strange. Why would an orphan boy be guarded by his own personal ANBU squad that only answers to the Hokage himself? The very same orphan boy that bears one of the most complicated set of seals on his stomach, written in a script that's long gone unused?

That pale boy touching your shoulder and warning you about Shikamaru's impending Kagemane (why would he help you? Isn't Danzo in the same faction as the rest of the Clan heads?). The fight at the size of a really big explosive tag with a fallout to match. The fact he possesses a report on you that's thick enough to be as tall as a slice of short cake. His accusations that impales you through your chest, piercing through your skin, your flesh, your bone. It stops right in front of something that clinks.

The mirror of your heart. You can't believe he actually said that but it did succinctly gets the point across. The point being that your mirror doesn't do it's fucking job. According to Shikamaru.

Your heart clenches at the thought. You don't have the ability nor the allowance of trust for that to happen. The situation you're in doesn't give you the freedom of allowing the use of that particular thing.

It's useless to you.

What's the point of opening up to someone else when it's either use or be used? You're going to step your way to the very top, your subordinates don't need to know every inch, nook and cranny of your mind, body and soul only for them to dissect you for weaknesses. No way you're going to let that happen to you. No friggin' way.