SQUIP Got Your Tongue?

"Hey, Smell." Chloe sneered, causing Michael to wince.

"Chloe." He said, voice nearly above a whisper which he was proud of himself for because he never said much in front of Chloe.

Michael was definitely shocked that Chloe was here since she always said Seven Eleven was horrible and way too expensive for her taste.

"Are you waiting for your little boyfriend?" She smirked when he started to stutter.

"H-He's just a frie-friend." Michael bit his lips and looked down. Jeremy was getting mountain dew red just in case. It had now only been a month since the incident.

Chloe's cruel voice brought him back to reality. "Huh. You look at him like he's your boyfriend." When Michael said nothing, she continued. "What's wrong? SQUIP got your tongue?"

He winced at her words and took a step closer to the doors of Seven Eleven. "T-The SQUIP is gone..." Michael told as if she didn't already know that fact.

"Aw, Mikey." She said in a mock tone. "It's always here." Chloe had a cold smile. She leaned in, having to bend down since Michael was short. "And you're always going to be a loser." It was just a whisper. But the words echoed in his head like a storm.

Chloe crossed her arms. Eyes hard, she shoved him with her shoulder. He flinched and fell to the sidewalk.

Loser.

Michael felt his chest tighten at the voices. Breath caught in his throat at the probability of them never quieting. His eyes flooded with tears of nostalgia and horror. Images and sounds flashed in his mind.

Jeremy's harsh eyes becoming an unnatural blue as he slowly became vulnerable to the SQUIP.

The loud yells and laughter from the drunk teenagers in the kitchen, living room, and bedrooms of Jake's house.

The sound of Jeremy slamming the bathroom door behind him and muttering to himself. To the SQUIP.

The feeling of Jeremy's eyes boring into his as he spewed out words that his Jeremy would never ever say in a million years.

Then...the worst image of them all.

Jeremy towering over him. Like all the other popular kids did before. And saying it. The word that Michael couldn't bear to hear now.

Loser.

Loser.

Loser.

He felt sobs leaving his lips at the memory. The hatred in Jeremy's voice. The hardness in his eyes. The blank expression on his face. The feeling of betrayal from all the years they spent together.

Michael whimpered, still on the ground, and hugged his knees. He couldn't breathe, couldn't see, couldn't think.

Before he could even process it, a warm hand stroked his cheek and a soft voice flooded his ears. "Mike?" Jeremy's eyes showed clear confusion.

"Jeremy?" Michael almost choked on his name, hand reaching up to loosely grip on the other's wrist.

"Hey. Mikey, what happened?" The worry and panic were clear in his voice. 

"I...j-just...hold me? Please." His voice was small and desperate. Jeremy couldn't refuse his plea, hating the clear anxiety in Michael's eyes.

"Yeah, of course. I'm right here, Mike." He whispered. Jeremy pulled Michael against his chest, letting the boy grip his shirt and cry into it. "It's okay." He cooed into his ear. Soft reassurances we're whispered into Michael's ear.

Michael eventually relaxed. Sniffling, he purred against Jeremy's neck. "Thank you." He whispered, eyes drying and breath evening.

Jeremy had a small grin, kissing his forehead gently. "Of course, Mike." The boy told, voice barely above a whisper.

Michael felt his chest warm, lips quirked up at the corners as he hugged his chest. "I love you." He whispered suddenly. His voice was certain and affectionate which only made Jeremy flush more.

Jeremy's arms tightened around Michael's waist. "I love you too." He sighed softly, heart racing. "Now come on."

He pulled away and stood up. He knew that asking about what happened wouldn't help, so he decided to distract him. "Movie night?" Jeremy couldn't stop the wide smile forming on his lips. Michael jumped up with glee.

"Movie night!" Michael said, face changing from a frown to a brighter than the sun smile. Jeremy chuckled heartily before driving Michael to his house.

                                           •••

"Hey," Michael whispered, his eyes closed.

"Yeah?" Jeremy turned away from the screen and smiled at the sight. Michael's lashes casted shadows on his freckled cheeks and his lips were turned up in a content smile.

"Love you." He said the second time that day. It caused the blue-eyed boy to melt and huddle closer.

"Love you more." Michael giggled and intertwined their fingers as he fell into a deep sleep.

Jeremy definitely snuck some cuddles in before he fell asleep to Elsa singing about the weather.