7

We wake up abruptly to a loud explosion. Jeelee and I slide on pants and shirts- nothing else. We rush out to see a large building completely collapse. An enormous ship is bringing in the destruction of our town.
"It's Nooklybay".
I look at my husband. "What? Nooklybay is dead! Keek killed him a long time ago!"
"Have I ever lied to you?"
So much guts. I cross my arms over my chest, shift my weight to one hip, a stick my tongue in my cheek.
"You're right, you're right. Listen, Keek is Nooklybay's puppet. He helped him fake his death along with his servant, Kooda. Now Nooklybay's going to save us from his rain because I found out about it and we made a deal: I don't tell anyone and he spares our family".
I become angry. "What about the rest of them, hmm? 'Oh hey, there's our hero who has slain King Nooklybay. Oh no! It's Nooklybay! He's shooting us! Ahhh! Oh no, he shot my friend! AAAHHH! HE'S SHOOTING ME! AAHH! I'M PRETTY SURE I'M DEAD AND SHOULDN'T BE SCREAMING! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! -"
"Okay, okay, I get it" Jeelee says. He puts a hand on his hip and rubs his eyes. "If we get everyone to stand up and fight, we can defeat them".
I smile. "I love you".
"I love you. Now come on, we need to get to work. We need everyone".
"Yeah, you're right. What's one ship with two people against an entire town?"
"It's more than that" Jeelee says. "It's all of Galactagon against earth-
"A moon compared to it! You really think we can win outnumbered like that?"
"No" Jeelee says. "I know we can".
Jake's face softens. "You never cease to amaze me, Dear Husband". He takes my hand in his. "I love you for that... Now come on, we got a planet to save".