Unexpected Guests

A'Jahnae

It was Saturday morning, and Chris and I were holding a party because we haven't seen anybody in a while. I got N'Aejah dressed; she was wearing a yellow sundress. Chris had dressed himself in a plaid flannel and a white undershirt and some jeans. I just slipped on a yellow maxi dress. After we had gotten dressed, I started to do N'Aejah's hair. She wanted her hair flatironed, so I started to part it.

Chris : "Babe, what you doin' to her hair?" Chris came in the bathroom looking confused.

A'Jahnae : "I am flatironing it, what else would I be doing?"

Chris : "She's four years old, what you mean? She can't have all that shit in her hair. Just put it up or somethin'."

A'Jahnae : "She's fine, I had gotten my hair pressed when I was four, so there's nothing wrong with it."

Chris : "Look at you now, seventy colors in your hair, and it's damaged."

A'Jahnae : "Shut up, my hair is not damaged."

Chris : "Take that shit off my daughter's hair."

A'Jahnae : "Fuck it, fine!" I took the flatiron cord out of the socket and stormed upstairs. Chris has some nerve to try and run me and how I take care of my daughter.

Chris : "Who gon' do her hair?"

A'Jahnae : "Since she your daughter, shit, do it yourself !" I called, slamming the bedroom door. Aug had sent me a text, saying that he and Heather were coming over to help make all the food. I was up last night preparing some of it, but we still had to finish up some stuff. I heard Chris downstairs starting up the grill, he can do the shit himself.

Chris : "Ayye, where the lighter at?" Chris called. I didn't answer him. Chris swore, but I didn't care he was getting mad. After I watched some videos on iFunny, I heard Aug and Heather come in. I got off my bed and went downstairs.

A'Jahnae : "Hey, y'all."

Heather : "Hey !"

A'Jahnae : "Wassup, girl? Where's my godbaby?" Chris came in the room, and dapped up Aug and hugged Heather.

Heather : "Hey, Chris. And Aaron is with Aug's mom. They goin' out today."

A'Jahnae : "Oh, that's good. Ayye, Aug, you gonna cook or... 'cause you gonna have to stay out the way", I laughed a bit.

August : "Yeah, I got it. I'ma be wit my manz Breezy." I looked at Chris and rolled my eyes.

A'Jahnae : "Oh okay. Well, we'll see y'all later. Um, Whodi, where you gonna be at?"

N'Aejah : "With Daddy." I nodded and they walked out.

Heather : "You wanna start the potato salad?"

A'Jahnae : "Yeah, I guess", we walked into the kitchen and began preparing food.

Heather : "So, how's life?"

A'Jahnae : "Terrible."

Heather : "Spill it."

A'Jahnae : "Man, Miguel came back into town."

Heather : "Trouble." I started cutting potatoes.

A'Jahnae : "But yeah, anyway, he is and he is coming to the cookout. And..."

Heather : "What?"

A'Jahnae : "He asked me out on a date", I bit my finger, I knew it was bad. Heather stopped and looked at me.

Heather : "Shit. Are you serious?"

A'Jahnae : "Yeah, I am", I started back the potatoes.

Heather : "I mean, it shouldn't matter. What did you say to him?"