chapter 2

Scarlett liked trains. She loved the whistles , the strange people that she could make up back stories of and of course the fact that it was something purebloods would hate.

Harry likes the trains for different reasons. He could get as far away from his family as possible before eventually having to go back. The time it gave him to think and get his mind off the daily prophet was another reason to like the train. He could emerse himself in the muggle world and just be plain boring harry potter , not the chosen one.

So when Scarlett comes crashing through his window on a sunny Thursday morning at 7a.m. like a predator and asked to go on the train to the city he jumped at the chance. At least the Dursleys were still sleeping. But he still asked himself that one important question.

Why am I dating a crazy woman that is planning to scare me to death like Wednesday Addams?

Unfortunately that earned him a sore arm and having to carry her to the trains station.

So after a two hour train ride to London with the guess who that is game and a terrible version of I spy they eventually pretended to be like functional members of society and go to a cafe. Sharing the latest copy of the daily prophet about the Malfoy family's fall from grace.

"He is just going to love going back to school isn't he" Scarlett said already plotting her pranks for the year ahead.

"So your not going to mess with him then?" Harry asked at if the notion was impossible. Not tearing his eyes from the paper.

"Pfff ,of course I am. I'm just going to avoid talking to him if not necessary" Scarlett waved off.

Both going back to what they were doing.

"Oh god we're like an old married couple" Scarlett realized wide eyed.

Just before harry could comment he was saved by the waitress coming over.

"Harry Potter. Who's that?" She asked innocently.

"Pregnant" Scarlett answered bluntly.

Harry choked on his coffee. "No one" harry said quickly putting down the paper. "Bit of a tosser really".

" a pregnant tosser" Scarlett mumbled.

The waitress smiled down at harry. Clearly flirting much to Scarlett's dismay.

That bitch.

"Funny that paper of yours" she giggled , leaning closer. "Couple nights ago I could have sworn I saw a picture move"

"Riveting" Scarlett deadpanned already done with the conversation and doing the crossword puzzle.

She eventually started to walk away before turning around abruptly and winking at harry. "I get off at eleven. Maybe you can tell me all about that tosser harry potter" she purred.

Scarlett kicked harry harshly under the table making him yelp like a puppy and look at her. " oh don't look at me like that she way practically eye raping you".

Harry out right laughed at her jealousy and shook his head. He didn't intend on breaking up with the girl he loved anything soon. "I only have eyes for one" he said trying to be sweet.

"You do realise boobs come in pair right"

He blushed red and turned away to look out the filthy cafe window. He stood up to look out. Scarlett joining him by the serious look on his face. The lights were flickering like last summer's dementor attack. Scarlett wiped some of the dirt off of the window

A train flew past making them jump in surprise. As the last carriage flew by the looked up to see dumbledore standing in front off a bill bord for cologne. The writing saying divine magic was printed beside him.

He would be a great poster boy. Scarlett thought randomly.

"Looks like we've been summoned" Scarlett said grabbing harry and pushing him out the door. Flipping off the waitress on her way out.

**********************

"You've been reckless this summer" dumbledore scolded them as the stood either side of him. Looking at a bill bord of a flirtly woman saying tonight make a little magic. The irony was astounding.

"We like the trains" harry answered. "Helps take out mind off things"

"Like waitresses" Scarlett mumbled quietly.

The two teens both looked at the headmaster's hand. Harry trying to be subtle while Scarlett out right just stared at it.

"Something to behold isn't it" he answered looking at the grey hand in question. "The tale is thrilling if I say so myself but now is not the time to tell it". He didn't stop looking at the bill board once. " take my arms" the ordered then , offering up his arm like a gentleman. Noticing Harry's hesitation lost his patience a little.
"Do as I say".

Without warning they were apparated away from the evil waitress and to a quiet dark street.

" I just apparated didn't I" harry asked in shock. Clutching his stomach at the feeling. Scarlett clapped an arm on his shoulder and nodded "yep".

" indeed , quite successfully to might I add. Most people vomit the first time" dumbledore answered looking at a house up ahead.

"Can't imagine why" harry sassed.

Dumbledore turned and led them up the street. "Welcome to the charming village of bubetty babbaton. I'm assuming by now you must be wondering why I brought you both here. Am I right?".

" actually sir after all these years I just sort of go with it" harry answered. They both turned to look at Scarlett looking for an answer.

She put her hands up in the air as if she was being arrested for the second time this summer. "You don't even want to know what I was thinking".

They chuckled before looking at they house they had stopped at. It was old and looked Victorian. The door was blown open off its hinges and scorch marks along the stone doorway. The atmosphere turned tense very quickly. Scarlett discretely reached for her wand in her boot.

" Wands out. Both of you" dumbledore warned before walking into the house. The teens following behind him.