SEVENTEEN

Faasla Itna Ke Usko Dekh
Bhi Nahi Sakta,
Qurbatein Itni Ki Wo Rag Rag Mein Rehta Hai....

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Maria never came out of her room for the whole day. Osama wanted to confront her and talk with her, but dado stopped him asking him to give her sometime.

Many days passed like that  but they never saw Maria coming out of her room. Now, she used to have food inside her room and never allowed anyone from her family to enter her room. She now confined her life inside the four walls of her room. Her room was her safe sanctuary now.

Mustafa tried many times to enter her room to talk with her, but she never allowed him to enter. But he made sure she ate properly. In the initial days of her isolation she used to return her food and was neglecting her health but he managed to convince her to eat through Rafia. Rafia was the only one she interacted or listened to.

After two weeks of her isolation, dado decided to talk with her. So, she went towards her room and knocked on the door and called her name.

Maria opened her door listening her dado's voice. She didn't want to talk with anyone but she couldn't say no to dado so, she allowed her to enter her room.
She knew that she can't run from her life anymore and now is the time to face everything.

Dado entered her room and her eyes immediately met with her granddaughter's. Her eyes were red from the sleepless nights she went through. Her face which always had a bright smile on it now looked lifeless and her cheeks which glowed red from the natural blush were now pale. She had dark circles around her eyes. All in all she resembled a zombie.

Dado sat on her bed and patted her lap smiling sadly at Maria asking her to lay her head on her lap. She obliged and went towards her dado and layed her head on her lap and closed her eyes.

Dado was caressing her head when she  suddenly felt something wet on her cheeks. Maria opened her eyes only to see her grandmother crying. So she quickly got up and wiped her tears and hugged her tight. Now they both were crying hugging each other.

"Mera bacha, Hume maaf Kar diye humari wajah se aapki Zindagi kharab ho gayi. Humaari zid ki wajah se, aapne is Shaadi ke liye haan kaha tha, Hume aisa nahi karna chahiye tha. Hume laga tha ke Mustafa aapko bahut khush rakhenge, aapki  pyaari si aakhon mein kabhi aansu nahi aane denge par Hume kya pata tha ke wahi aapke aansuon ki wajah ban jaaenge. Hume maaf kar diye meri jaan, aapki dado bahut sharminda hai, itna ke hum aapse nazarein nahi mila paa rahe hai."

Dado said with tears in her eyes.

(kiddo, forgive me cause I am the reason of your destroyed life. You said yes to this relation because of me, I shouldn't have done that. I thought Mustafa will keep you happy and he will not let your beautiful eyes filled with tears but I didn't knew that he will be the cause of your tears. Forgive me my life, I am so ashamed of myself that I am unable to meet your eyes.)

Maria was sad seeing her grandmother so vulnerable and so weak. She immediately holded her hands and said

"Dado aapko maafi maangne ki koi zaroorat nahi hai. Isme aapki koi galti nahi hai. Mujhe pata hai ke aap mujhse bahut mohabbat karti hai aur aap kabhi bhi aisa kuch nahi karengi jisse mujhe takleef ho. Aapne ye faisla hum dono ki khushi ke liye Kiya tha. Aapka koi kusoor nahi hai. Ye sab mere qadr mein likha tha , ise hone se koi bhi nahi rok sakta tha, Allah ki marzi thi isme."

(You don't have to apologise dado. It's not your fault. I know you love me and you won't take any decision which will hurt me. You took this decision for both our happiness. You have no fault in anything which has occurred. It was all written in my destiny, no one could have prevented it from happening as it was all predestined by Allah.)