Chapter 1

The rain of fall was never disappointing. It brought about a calming, a soothing vibe. Harleen quite enjoyed the tender, cold rain that fell like light feathers against her rosy skin. Her golden brown hair had been laying ever so softly on her shoulders, bouncing gently as she strolled down the walkway to the building for classes. Being a journalism major, she never thought she would end up in sports journalism to escape history of news. It was the only other class besides the long reputable class which led to several fails and sleeping students.

She drops her stuff on a desk in the far right of the room away from the la crosse girls who sit in the smack middle chatting about the guys which they were all sharing. In the front, sat the guys who came to be communication majors but all have sports scholarships to the sports who didn't make the tier one. Then, on the far left sat the soccer team. Cooper State's soccer team was top of the line. They have never lost a game. It seems about right considering for the past three years, they've had Ricardo Alvarez for team captain and goalie. He had come in around the same time as Harleen and picked up the reputation of the team.

Speaking of, Ricardo strides in with a defiant smile and a giggly girl on his arm. She plays with his shaggy locks as he pulls her into his lap. They whisper and chuckle together as Harleen looks away with disgust. Her eyes meet another as they soften. There stood her crush, CJ, walking into the class in complete silence, his ears filled with some sort of rock song. He sits down next to Ricardo and slaps his hand before shaking on it. As he leans down to put away his phone, he happens to catch Harleen's eyes. A small smile is sent his way as he stares for a small while before looking away.

Harleen frowns as usually he smiles back. Today must be a bad day for him. Harleen knew him from freshman year when she lived in the same building as him. She had locked herself out of her room and he had been there to keep her company in the middle of the night while they awaited campus security to open it. Though it was only an hour and a half of talking, Harleen couldn't stop the sweet thoughts.

"Harleen Kaur?" The coach's voice brings her out of her thoughts.

"Here." She calls out as the coach blankly glances at her before nodding and scribbling things down. Harleen rolls her eyes at the coach as he probably wasn't going to teach anything. The reviews on this class were probably right about this being an easy A.

"Today we will be having a show day. I will be showing you a game and you will see how the spokespeople talk then you will get a homework assignment on writing a article on it. Make it genuine and original from your mind only. Tomorrow I will read you the actual article on it." The coach click clacks a few buttons on his board before turning on the projector. After only a few moments, he was out like a light switch, snoring softly on his desk.

"So much for learning. C'mon guys, let's leave this junk." Ricardo stands and stretches his shirt riding up to reveal his slight six pack. All the girls swoon as Harleen scowls.

"We can't leave until class is over." CJ says, already taking notes on his spiral. Ricardo leans over and slams the spiral shut, "Who said that?"

They have a stare down before CJ sighs and goes to stand, but Harleen speaks up, "the door is locked."

The whole class turns to her, "Say what?"

"Coach keeps the door locked during classes. It's his way of making sure we stay for the entire hour and a half. He has a timer on his watch which electrocutes him when it's time to let class out." Harleen says rather smugly as Ricardo looks to the door in slight fear, "No way."

He rushes to open the door to find it locked. Groaning, he bangs on it a couple times before slouching back to his seat. As the girl tries to comfort him, he slaps her hands away and sits back, glaring at Harleen, "How did you even know that?"

"I read the reviews. But if you read the syllabus, it's written on the front page too."

"Who even are you?" The girl asks, chomping away her gum so hard it made Harleen think her jaw might fall off.

"Harleen," CJ replies, "The coach just said her name."

Harleen fake smiles before watching the video and continuing her notes. She feels eyes on her and realizes that Ricardo was still watching her. His eyes never leaving her face. Like a cat getting ready to pounce on the mouse, little did she know how much trouble the cat really was.