Chapter 04

"M-mina...?", Kelsey gasped. I muttered a couple of incoherent words.

Something or someone's' soft body had broken my fall. Peeling open my eyes, I looked in utter horror at the figure underneath me... Zach. 

I blinked a couple of times before springing up.

"See what I say about eating subs? You're heavy as fuck", Zach got up and dusted himself off. My throat went completely dry and I did the only thing that seemed appropriate at this moment... I slapped him.

The slap was so loud, it echoed all throughout the cafeteria.

"What the hell is your problem?!", I yelled, my cheeks burned in a crimson colour from the sheer embarrassment. 

He raised his brows in surprise at my new-found confidence, "Calm down it's not that-" I cut him off before he could finish his sentence "Calm down? Calm down?! For the love of God, Zach leave me alone! Do that shit again and I swear I'll make that slap seem like child's play compared to what I'll do", I threatened at the top of my lungs.

Now, everyone knows I'm not so much of a confrontational person. Usually I bottle things up until my buttons are pushed. And he sure does know how to push them. 

"And what are you going to do about it?", He smirked crossing his arms. He's so fucking provoking. It really seems like he wants me to act on my threat, or maybe he thinks I'm bluffing. Oh no, I don't bluff. I have my dad's anger and my mom's stubbornness after all.

There was an evident red mark on his face where I slapped him. I'll admit, the sight of my damage eased my anger somewhat. I grinned evilly as a thought popped into my head. I grabbed my backpack, patted it down then swung it with all my strength. Aiming straight at the menace.

Bingo

He fell straight back and just lied there like some road kill. That's what he gets. 

"Zach!", Abigail screeched, kneeling beside him. 

"He's fine. Chill out", I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

"Zach wake up! You knocked him unconscious!", She gasped cradling his head to her. God, she's so dramatic. I swung my bag into him, not a goddamn knife. 

"He's just pretending. Stop being so extra and get up", I groaned, getting closer to him. He wasn't bleeding and he's still breathing. "Aw, I was hoping I did a little more damage than that", I whined. 

"What's going on here?!", a professor accompanied by campus security approached us.

Long story short, I got chewed out by the both of them with Abigail adding in her two cents into the conversation. They instructed me to take him to the nurses' office. And yes, I had to haul his fat ass all the way there. Apparently he wasn't faking being unconscious. My confidence soared with the feeling of pure satisfaction of my attack.

"It seems he's just asleep so nothing to worry about", the nurse confirmed.

I nodded "Okay...can I go then?", I so did not want to be here when Zach wakes up. My fingers twirling the straps of my backpack waiting for the nurse to let me go.

The nurse sighed "Unfortunately, I have to run a quick errand so I would appreciate it if you could watch over him and call me when he wakes up. After all you did knock him unconscious", she stated walking to the door, and exiting before I could respond.