Downhill

"I knew that would work!" Buffy had yelled in joy at Cyrus. Cyrus thought his lungs were running out of air, or the trees had stopped producing oxygen, or he was just dying in general while hiking back to his temporary home in the Willow cabin. The day hadn't ended, and all the campers were free to explore the different camping activities, but Cyrus just wanted to sit somewhere without bugs threatening his life wherever he stepped and competitions threatening his morals.

After Buffy had won the flag for Willow and Kira had won the flag for Oak (Iris' cabin). The winning teams were given special bandanas and had been awarded an extra 15 points for winning the first CC. This meant that Cyrus had to go around sporting a horrendously yellow bandana around his arm. Buffy and Iris were given the traditional wreaths to put on their cabins doors.  Since Willow's color was yellow, they were given a wealth with yellow flowers and golden colored pinecones. Iris was given one with herbs like dill and mint that would dry and make the Oak cabin smell delicious. It was a nice commencement gesture, a sort of "let the games begin" sort of tradition but Cyrus just wished they had washed the bandanas maybe ten more times before giving them to the campers. 

Finally, after having to quickly congratulate Buffy and fidget while watching her place the wreath on the door, Cyrus was alone. It felt like he could breathe for the first time since CC1 began. The other campers weren't too fond of staying indoors during the daytime, but Cyrus liked it because there was never anyone there. The entire day was exhausting, from finding out that he would be the flag to having to talk to TJ while he was glistening in the willow trees fuzzy light...he sighed. Cyrus sat on the rocking chair in the common room and placed his head in his hands. He took a couple of deep breaths and tried to think rationally. 

"This is fine," Cyrus whispered to himself as he sat back and lightly breathed out, "You're okay Cyrus." He rocked the chair while looking out the big cabin windows that looked out into the forest, "It's just the woods, no one has been killed in the forest recently so the odds are fine and it's just TJ. It's fine. It's all in the past. Just move-"

"I agree," said Andi.

"Oh," Cyrus said with a start, "Andi don't sneak up on me like that!"

Andi gave a wide laugh, "Cyrus," she said, "this is summer camp. That means you gotta enjoy summer. The outside. Outdoors. Fresh air. Ever heard of it?"

Cyrus pouted. He wanted to stay inside where the worms couldn't get him. 

"Come on old man, you can rock in that chair when you're old and wrinkly," Andi said as she grabbed him by the hand. She noticed Cyrus avoiding her eyes, "hey," she said a little softer, "did something happen? We won remember?"

Cyrus gave his signature crumpled furrowed brow look and said, "TJ."

"He didn't do anything to you did he?" Andi immediately looked at Cyrus' face for signs of injury. All she found was his pouty face. 

"No, he just-" Cyrus groaned, "he's just around." Cyrus rocked back in his chair and looked into the green unknown of the pine trees. Some days he was fine when he thought about TJ and other times he just annoyed him that he was always thinking about him which would make him think TJ was more annoying than he actually was which also annoyed him which made him think he was being ridiculous which annoyed him even more. 

"Yeah yeah pouty boy come on let's get your mind off of him, as if that's even possible," Andi then dragged him up out of his chair and as soon as Cyrus stood up he slumped against her like a ton of rocks, "I seriously cannot carry you, Cy," she laughed, " come on we're getting you out of your weird funk." 

Through the years Andi had made the arts and crafts room her bitch, for lack of a better word. She was everywhere in that room. Everywhere. As in she had self-portraits and intricate bracelets and sculptures of something Cyrus thought was deep but couldn't really make out the meaning of yet. Cyrus had tried to find something he was interested in since he started high school but he was really only good at following around his friends with hobbies. Andi had her art and Buffy had her sports, and Cyrus had them. It pained him to think his college resume may be a little sparse but his life had been a little sparse lately.