•Mal X Female Reader•

Isabella could tell Mal was not doing well. She had been watching Mal closely over the past few days and she realized she's the only one noticing that Mal was struggling.

She waited for her to come back from her date with Ben laying in Evie's bed. Evie left about half an hour ago with Doug. She didn't even know what she'd even say to her.

The door slammed open and Mal stormed in in tears. "I just want to go back." She said to me wiping her face.

"What about Ben?" I asked sitting up.

"I don't know. We've lost our spark, you know?" She said sitting next to me. "He makes me feel like I'm drowning."

I reached over and I grabbed here hand and kisses it. "I'm right here, we can drown together."

She chuckled and squeezed my hand. She rested her head on my shoulder. I noticed she was messing with the ring that Ben gave her.

"I think I'm going to break it off with Ben." She said after a few minutes of silence.

I looked at her and she friend at me. "Are you sure?" I asked.

"I'm not going to lie, I've had someone else on my mind... Someone who's always been there for me all of my life." She said.

"Evie?" I asked. She chuckled and shook her head.

"You. You make me feel like I can breathe again. Ben is an amazing guy but I don't know how long I can survive with my head constantly under water." She said turning towards me.

I had no idea what to say. She had me on her mind. I couldn't help the smile. Then I thought of Ben. Ben was like my big brother. He'd hate me.

"Where is your mind at?" She asked.

"Umm, listen. I Love that you like me, and believe me, I'm in love with you. It's just . . . What will Ben think of me?" I Asked with a sigh.

She looked down and took the ring off, "he'll understand. I'm going to go talk to him. See you soon." She kissed my cheek.

"I'll be in the library." I called to her.
___________

"Isabella?" I heard Mal call from the front of the front of the Library. I set my book down and got up and waved her over.

She smiled and walked over. "It was mutual." She said

I'm glad it wasn't a nasty one at least. I walked back to the chair and sat down.

"When I told him I liked you he laughed. really hard. Apparently he liked a certain someone as well. He just didn't know how to end it."

"Is Ben Gay?" I asked.

"I don't know. He didn't tell me but guess who he likes." She said sitting in the seat across from me.

I thought back to my talks with Ben. He had mentioned Carlos a lot recently. They had grown close over the past few months.

"Is it Carlos?" I asked.

"Yeah. He's on his way to see him right now." She said clapping her hands.

I grabbed her hand and smile, "Would you be up for a date next Friday?" I asked her.

"Yes." She said standing up and walking over to me.

She sat on the armrest of the chair and looked down at me. She leaned down and lifted my chin and pressed a kiss to my lips. I pulled her closer, and she ended up falling into my lap.

We laughed as we settled down and I picked up my book as she rested her head on my shoulder.

"Can I read to you?" I asked her.

"Of course." She said.

I spent the rest of the afternoon there reading to her.