twenty three

it was the next day. doha wakes up at 12:24pm in the afternoon.

dang i slept pretty good for the first time in 18 years.

she goes out of her room and says hi to her brother and parents. she waits for her mother to cook lunch and she sees dohyun at the couch again, playing mario kart against their dad.

"dohyun." doha tries to get his attention.

dohyun doesn't pay attention.

"dad." she tries getting their dad's attention.

their dad doesn't pay attention.

once the race ends, dohyun yells out, "yes! i beat you dad!"

"dohyun we still have 3 races left. i'll make sure to beat you the next round."

"let's see about that."

the next races begins and immediately dohyun complains, "i hate rainbow road."

"then i'm ready to see you lose."

they continue racing each other and after a few minutes, doha got bored on watching them. she then goes to the kitchen table and eats her lunch.

after eating her lunch she looks at the time. 1:27pm. the party starts at 8:00pm and jihyo will pick her up at 7:30pm.

she starts going on her phone, checking her social media. after that, she goes on her laptop and decides to watch wanna one videos, since she had nothing better to do. she starts feeling emotional. to make her feel more emotional, she watches some produce 101 videos. she heard about a new season called "produce x 101," but she tells herself that she won't invest on another produce show where she knows that she will cry by the end of each elimination round where they play the piano version of the theme song.

she checks the time. 4:52pm.

that was quick.

since she had nothing to do, decides to go and take a shower. before showering, she looks in her closet for a random white shirt to wear. then, she takes her clothes in the bathroom and then showers.

once she's done showering, she puts her clothes on. she tucks in the white shirt in the green pants and then looks for socks to put on. she then puts on her combat boots she bought yesterday. she looks for a fancy belt to add to the outfit.

if this does scream basic fifteen year old i don't what does.

she checks the time again. 6:14pm. she decides to pack her bag and to charge her phone. she packs all the essentials. she also decides to curl her lashes and put on lipstick, but that's it.

it was almost 7:30pm so doha takes out the charger attached to her phone and just waits. 7:28pm.

suddenly, her phone buzzes and it was a text message from jihyo telling her to get out of her house. she gets out of her house and says bye to her parents and dohyun. she gets into jihyo's car.

"damn jihyo you look good." doha starts to put on her seat belt.

"haha thanks bestie, you look good too." jihyo starts driving.

they starts moving and the party was about 20 minutes away, so they decided to go to the frappei cafe. they went in the drive through and they both get ice coffees. after getting their drinks they were back on the road.

"it's party time!" jihyo yells.

"yeah!!" doha goes along with her.

in about 15 minutes they arrived at the party. they walk into the house and boy oh boy, it was something doha has never seen before.

it was very dim but there were many colorful lights everywhere. you could barely hear anything the person right next to you was saying. also there was a lot of.. kissing, dating, etc. once doha looks away for even two seconds, jihyo wasn't there anymore.

doha was alone at a place she's never been at before. great.

she goes to the food table because your girl needs some food. she gets a place and sees a familiar face.

"kim mingyu?"

mingyu looks at her. "oh hi doha." he smiles.

"you're like the last person i would expect to be here."

"but here i am.. haha." he laughs.

surprisingly, hyungjun and goeun were near them. it may seem cliche, but they couldn't avoid it. hyungjun saw doha and he was about to say hi, until he saw mingyu with her and goeun noticed him. so she tried to distract him.

"why don't we go to the dance floor?"

"sure." hyungjun agrees, but he's still looking at doha. in a few seconds, goeun grabs his arm and drags him to the dance floor.

with doha and mingyu, they didn't really have much to talk about, since they weren't really that close. in a few minutes, mingyu just disappeared and doha just accepted the fact that the place was crowed.

she decides to walk around the house just for fun and she just looks around at everyone. everyone's having fun and partying and doha thought to herself: why am i not having fun?

she sees someone that looked really familiar to her at the dance floor.

is that hyungjun? why is he here?

she was about to say hello but then, she saw him with his girlfriend.

i thought i was here to forget about him.

to put the icing on the cake she saw them kiss. right in front of her. both of them had their eyes closed and everyone around them was cheering for them.

why do i care?

she walks away not being sad, but just regretful. she regrets her decisions, everything that has happened in these past few months, and even meeting hyungjun.

i regret knowing you. i'm sorry.

when she was leaving, hyungjun noticed her walking away and he was about to walk to her but goeun stopped him.

"hyungjun we have to talk."