Chapter One - Fallen

You had been sitting on the curb of the same street for the past 5 hours. Everything in your life, or THOUGHT you had in your life was slipping from your grip and you couldn't do anything about it. It absolutely broke your heart knowing that the one person who said they always had your back just abandoned you.

  Your life before this exact moment was so beautiful and made your heart ache just think about it. You were a normal sixteen year old girl in a family of three. You had always been the only child, so you usually got everything you asked for.

It was an ordinary Saturday for the family. Just like every other Saturday morning, your father had taken you out for breakfast and ice cream, and your mom went to work.

  This was a normal thing in your family. You spent your Saturdays with your dad, and your Sundays with your mom. This ensured that the relationship you had between the two was stable and never broken.

  You and your dad had been driving back home, jamming out to the latest song by Post Malone. Your dad had always liked his music, and so had you.

  "This was a great day, Mary." He had said, looking in your direction. "Thanks for spending it with me."

  You barely remember what happened next. You just remember smiling at him. You remember his gray eyes, sparkling beautifully in the sun. That had all been torn away from you, when a car had suddenly sped into your side of the family's old Ram truck. The impact had caused the old truck to spin out of control and slam into a tree, crushing your dad in the process.

  The pain had caused you to black out. At that point, you just wanted to die. Your arms were aching, your legs numb with pain.

  The next thing you remember was waking up in a strange room. There was so much beeping, with people talking all around you. You opened your eyes to be greeted with blinding lights. Everything was sore, and you had the worst migraine ever. You looked at your arms, but they didn't seem like they were yours. Your right arm had been covered with a cast, while your left held a needle, which was pumping fluids into your body.

  Suddenly, there was a lot of movement in front of you, and before you knew it, you were given a bone crushing hug. You knew who this hug belonged to. Your best friend, Ayliana.

  "Ayl, get off!" You winced, suddenly feel sharp pains in your shoulders.

  "Sorry, sorry!" She let go quickly, backing up. "I was so scared, Mar, you have no idea."

  You looked up at her, suddenly making your heart ache. You can tell she had been crying. Her beautiful brown eyes were swollen, and her round face was red. Her messy red hair had been thrown up into a bun. You can tell she had been here for a while.

  Then you realized something else. Your mom and dad weren't in the room. That caused you to have a sudden wave of panic. You had so many questions. Where was your family? Where was your dad? Was he okay? Was he dead?

———
Welcome to my very first chapter ever written in the "Written in the Stars" series!!

This is a fan-fiction including Payton Mooremeir.

Sorry for rushing into heart ache lmao ;)))