Chapter 4 - Present

You walk out of the room, leaving Payton and Ayliana standing there, confused. At that point, you broke into a full on sprint. You avoided the doctors and nurses that were making grabs at you as you sped down the hallway and into an empty elevator. You quickly pressed the button for the first floor, and got off right when the doors started opening.

  Your legs were burning from all of the running, but at least you were out of that hell hole. You started walking once you got away from the hospital. You turned all of the familiar streets until you got to the street where your old home was. You couldn't believe that your mom had just gotten up and left you like that.

You collapsed onto the curb, breathing heavily. Now, you didn't have anywhere to go. You had never been to Ayliana's house, so you had no idea where her house was. You doubt that anyone would be able to find you. Actually, you knew no one would be able to guess where you were.

You thought that the police would automatically think someone would have to drive you around because of how many injuries you had. I mean, your body was in so much pain already, and you just made it way worse.

Now looking at the situation you're in now, you regret running all this way for absolutely nothing. You came your "home" and didn't find anything at all. There's nothing here for you anymore. If you gave up your life now, it would make no difference at all.

Suddenly, a girl you recognized from school was walking on the sidewalk towards you. You could tell that was confused seeing you there in a hospital gown, covered in bruises and bandages.

"Hey! Mary, right?" She said, stooping down to your level. You nodded at her, your lips upturning into a smile. She studied you for a few seconds. "What happened to you?"

"I got into a car crash a few days ago, and now I'm on the run," you said, looking at her. She looked so confused to the point where it made you laugh.

"If you want, we could go to my house and you can get a shower and change out of those horrid clothes.."

I could tell that it wasn't a question, so I got up and nodded my head at her. We then walked to her house, which actually didn't take that long. She started up a conversation to take your mind off of what had happened, and it worked. You found out that her name was Abigail and she was in your science class in middle school. She had the same childhood as you, being the only child and getting a lot of attention.

We soon arrived to her house. It was almost as big as your old one, but just a tad bit smaller. It was very taken care of, and the colors were beautifully chosen.  It was hard to not gasp.

  She smiled at you, leading you inside. It was a cluttered house, but it reminded you of home.

  "My room is upstairs, and the bathroom is right across the hall from it. Take as long as you need." She said, looking you up and down. It sent tingles down your spine, so you just nodded and rushed upstairs.